11 - I promise

Daniel had been staying with Emily at the beach house for a few days. They had been keeping there distance. One night it was pouring down rain and Daniel and Emily were arguing. Emily ran out of the house and into the rain. Daniel followed her and stopped when they were both standing on the beach.

EMILYS POV
"I'm so sick of this! I'm so scared." I yelled over the pouring rain.
He looked at me in confusion, "What are you scared of?"
"Being hurt again" I said so that I was quiet but he could hear it.
"Emily" he pulled me into a hug and I didn't try and push away, "If I didn't love you would we be standing here right now? I swear to you, I will never ever hurt you again." He whispered.
I pulled my head back so I was looking into his eyes and asked, "Do you promise?"
"I promise." He replied as he leaned his forehead against mine.

I slowly tilted my head up and kissed him gently and pulled away, "You better keep your promise." I said smiling.
He smiled back, "I'm not going to lose you again." He leaned in and kissed me passionately in the rain. I kissed him back before we both pulled away and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we walked back inside.

He pulled off his shirt because it was wet and I took off my jacket and put it on the couch. He walked over to me and picked me up as I laughed and carried me to the bedroom.

*THE NEXT MORNING*
I woke up and felt someone next to me. I looked across and saw Daniel asleep and smiled. I stood up and grabbed my robe from the chair and wrapped it around me. I was about to leave the room when Daniel woke up. I turned around and walked back to him and bent down and kissed him softly, "Go back to sleep."

He smiled and grabbed my hand, "Where are you going?" He asked.
"To get breakfast. Do you want me to get you some?" I stood back up
"I can get that. You should stay in bed" he pulled me so I was sitting on the bed and he got out and changed into a shirt and some shorts, "I'll be back with your breakfast soon." He smiled and walked downstairs and got breakfast.

A little while later he came back up with food, "Here you go, Mrs Grayson" he gave me a plate of blueberry pancakes.
I grinned, "I don't think you've ever called me that"
He acted shocked, "Maybe I'll have to make up for that then. Is your breakfast enough for me to be forgiven?"
I laughed and shook my head, "No. You forgot something"
He sat next to me on the bed and kissed me, "How about now?" He asked with hopeful eyes.
"You are forgiven." I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder. This is what it was supposed to be like.