12 - Second time

DANIELS POV
"Daniel!" Emily yelled in excitement and raced down the stairs.
I looked at her with concern, "What is it Em?"
"I have good news. You have to guess." She said playfully.
"Okay, give me three guesses" she nodded and I started guessing, "We don't have to go to lunch with my mother today?" I asked hopefully.
She laughed and shook her head.
"We're going away?" I asked again and again she shook her head.
"Okay, um you're pregnant?" I asked jokingly and chuckled.
She nodded and hugged me.
"Wait you're pregnant?" I repeated.
She smiled, "Is that okay?" She asked looking slightly worried.
"Em, that's more than okay! That's perfect."

She sighed with relief and I kissed her cheek and put a hand on her stomach. She put one on top of mine. I leaned my forehead against hers and kissed her passionately. She smiled under the kiss.
"We're going to be parents" she whispered. I nodded and kissed her again but she pulled away. "Daniel as much as I would love to stay here and kiss you all day, we have a lunch with your mother and she won't be impressed if were late." She said as she pulled away and walked up the stairs. I sighed and followed her up to get ready myself.

20 minutes later we were both ready and at the door. "Are we telling your mum about this?" She asked suddenly looking nervous.
"Em, we don't have to-" I was about to finish but she interrupted
"No I think we do. You'll be there to protect me right?" She asked.
"Always." I smiled and took her hand as we walked to the car.

We turned up at Grayson Manor and went inside. It was just Em, Mum and I.
"So what's new with you?" She asked us both and Emily looked at me.
"Um, actually we've got some news. Em is pregnant" I smiled and squeezed Emilys hand to let her know it was okay.
"Oh?" First she was shocked but then a smile plastered on her face and she hugged both of us.
"Congratulations" she said as she smiled.
I was taken aback but I was happy that she was happy for us.

After about an hour we left.
"She took that pretty well." I smiled and looked at Emily who wasn't smiling.
"Too well" she sounded distrusting.
"Come on Em, she is coming around to us. Just be happy." We got in the car and drove home. Little did I know that Emily once again was right.