10 - Broken Trust

Daniel was taken into emergency when he got to hospital. Emily waited for hours until he was given the all clear that he didn't have any internal bleeding. He was sent to a general ward and Emily waited by his beside for him to wake up.

DANIELS POV
When I woke up, I saw Emily looking out the window and wondered if it was actually her.
"Em is that you?" I asked hoarsely.
She turned around, "Yeah, I've been waiting for you to wake up"
"What happened to me?" I didn't remember anything after I left the bar to look for Emily.
She looked concerned, "You don't remember?"
I closed my eyes and remembered flashes of arguing with Emily and then I remembered getting into a fight with "Aiden? Were you with him?" I asked her.
"I didn't kiss him, if that's what you mean. I went to Nolans and he was there. I told them what happened and fell asleep. When I woke up and came out and spoke to you, Aiden and yourself got into a fight. He ran and no ones been able to find him. I suggest you don't tell the police anything because if they find him you might be charged too." She looked very serious.
"How do I know you're not lying and you weren't really with him?" I asked
The look of hurt and shock she gave me couldn't have been faked.
"You cheated on me and you're questioning my loyalty?" She picked up her jacket and walked out. I tried to call after her but there was no point.

EMILYS POV
I went home and realised I was extremely tired so I slept for hours. When I woke up I knew Daniel would be discharged in a few hours and be made to have bed rest. I hoped he would go to Grayson Manor and not come here.

It was about 6pm when I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see Daniel looking hopeful. I was about to slam the door in his face when I saw the press. I pulled him inside and closed the door.

"Only so they don't create a story. You'll be staying in the guest room." I said without looking at him.
"Okay" He walked to the kitchen to get a mug from the top cupboard. His arm was in a sling so he couldn't reach. I walked over and grabbed it for him. It was only then how close I realised we were.
"I'm really sorry about Sara, I know you don't believe me but I truly didn't set out to cheat on you and I certainly didn't set out to hurt you."

He looked into my eyes and took the opportunity to kiss me. I put the mug down and cupped his face in my hands and kissed him back. We walked to the bottom of the stairs and I remembered him and Sara kissing and pulled away from him.

"I can't do this with you." I pushed past him and walked up the stairs into the master bedroom and cried myself to sleep.