𝟎𝟑| 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 mr. darcy

-Amara-

It's been a few weeks since my encounter with Salvatore, and there has not been a single minute where I haven't stopped thinking about him. I go to use the restroom, he's on my mind. I go to cook food, he's on my mind. No matter what I do, he's all that I think about and it's been bugging the hell out of me.

I haven't bothered to go to the cops for Mr. Darcy's sake. He doesn't deserve to get roped up in a mess I created all because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Salvatores words were very promising about what he would do if I did go to the cops, and I was sure that a man like him kept his promises.

Finally deciding to get up from my bed, I started to get ready for work. This morning I called Mr. Darcy and told him that I was going for be running late since I wasn't feeling too good. Throwing on a basic outfit that consisted of black jeans and a white long sleeve, I huffed out air and started to comb through my hair.

It looked like I hadn't even attempted to make myself look presentable. I didn't even want to go into work today, but Mr. Darcy couldn't run the shop all by himself, and I'm sure Nate will most likely goof off instead of doing his actual job.

After doing my morning regimen, I grabbed my key and slipped my shoes back on before locking up my apartment after myself. Heading down the stairs of my apartment, I pushed open the door to the lobby and was engulfed by the brisk winds of the weather.

Shivering, I crossed my arms over each other as I began to head for the bookstore, listening to the honks of taxi cabs and yelling of the residents. I continued to move towards the bookstore, looking around the streets, and my heart beat came to an abrupt stop along with my steps.

Across the street, I stared at a tall figure dressed in all black as Salvatores gray eyes stared back at me. He held a cigarette in between his tatted fingers as the smoke traveled from his grinning lips while he watched me from a distance.

My heart started racing as I rubbed my eyes a bit to make sure that I was seeing things correctly, and the moment that I opened my eyes to look back at him, he was gone. There was nobody there except for the parking meter that he stood next to.

Shaking my head, I continued heading for the book store with the eerie feeling of someone watching me.

"Your losing it, Amara." I whispered to myself, skeptically looking around the streets as I picked up my pace. After a few more minutes of walking, I had arrived at the bookstore and pushed open the door.

"Hi, Mr. Darcy!" I smiled, closing the door after me as he sat in his original spot. He glanced up from his word search puzzle to look at me before he glanced over at the clock on his computer.

"Ms. Williams, you are aware that it is nearly one o'clock, correct?" He asked, and I gave him a small smile as I walked over towards him. My eyebrows furrowed a bit as let out a laugh.

"I called you this morning to tell you that I was coming in late, remember?" I laughed, and he frowned a bit, tapping his pen on the desk before giving me a small smile.

"Of course." He laughed, rubbing his forehead. I gave him a strange look before brushing it off as I pecked the top of his head.

"Well look who finally decided to show up." Nate said as I entered the back room and began putting on my apron. His hands found my waist as he tugged me closer to him, placing a kiss on my neck.