𝟎𝟔| 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 secrets

-Amara-

Waking me up from my sleep, the sound of muffled screams littered my eardrums. I was instantly met with my reflection in the mirror that was plastered on the ceiling above Salvatores bed. I noticed that he wasn't laying down next to me anymore. Had he slept on the couch last night after I fell asleep?

Snapping out of my thoughts, I continued to hear the muffled screaming. It sounded like it was coming from outside of the bedroom. Quickly, I got up and pulled on a pair of Salvatores boxers since I didn't have any underwear on.

I slowly opened his bedroom door and looked out into the hallway that gave me a direct view of the living room. I quietly tip toed out of the bedroom and the sobs of a disembodied person only seemed to get louder. I debated on continuing. The last time I was this curious, I ended up getting kidnapped by Salvatore.

Releasing a sigh, I continued down the hallway. I poked my head around the corner to see a man in the kitchen, tied up and gagged as he sat in a chair. My heart started beating fast and I widened my eyes at the sight. His eyes found mine and I quickly hid behind the wall. I closed my eyes and prayed that he didn't see me, but the sound of his screams signaled that he did in fact notice me.

"Crap." I whispered to myself, and I squeezed my eyes shut as I turned out of the corner. His eyes widened as he saw me get closer and I quickly ran over to take the gag out of his mouth.

"Please! You have to untie me before he comes back!" The man yelled with distress in his voice. I chewed on my lip nervously.

"I'm sorry, I can't." I told him softly. I didn't know who this guy was, but I knew that if he was tied up then there had to be a good reason.

"What the fuck do you mean you can't?! I'm going to die if you don't untie me!" He shouted at me and I twiddled with my fingers nervously.

"I'm-I'm sorry. I just can't." I said, turning around to head back to the bedroom. He struggled in the chair behind me as he tried to get out.

"Hey! Wait wait, just come back! Don't leave!" He begged behind me, and I closed my eyes as I took in a deep breath. I felt bad for leaving him there all by himself, so I turned back around.

"What?" I asked as I looked down at my feet, all of a sudden finding them so interesting.

"Please kid, you've got to help me. I don't want to die." He cried out and I felt saddened by the pain in his voice. When I looked up at him, my heart flipped at the glossy look in his eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked, and he cocked an eyebrow at me like I was stupid. I felt my cheeks turn pink and he chuckled softly.

"Because I'm a bad man, kid. I have done terrible things in my life, but if you let me go, I swear I'm going to change. Just give me a chance to change." He pleaded. I pulled my eyebrows together with sadness as I looked into his eyes.

"If you're a bad man, then don't you deserve this?" I asked him quietly and he threw his head back and groaned at me.

"Look kid, if you untie me, I can get you out of here. I can help you escape the son of a bitch. You're here because he kidnapped you too, right?" He asked me and I slightly nodded my head. I didn't know if I was kidnapped or not because I wasn't tied up like he was.