𝟎𝟕| 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 police

-Amara-

Meeting Salvatore has done nothing but bring negativity into my life. I've known him for a short amount of time and during this time, I've witnessed a murder, been kidnapped, been sex trafficked and sold at an auction, and I've participated in murdering a man who almost strangled me to death.

Talk about a series of unfortunate events.

To top it all off, I'm currently living in the house of a man who's literally in the mafia. How did I end up like this? Just a few weeks ago I was relaxing in the book store with Mr. Darcy and Nate and now all of a sudden I've become some play toy to an insanely attractive mobster.

Staring at the gray eyed devil, I watched from the bed as he walked back and forth between the bathroom and his dresser while he grabbed a new change of clothes. He had a towel that hung low on his hips, revealing his muscular torso and his deep v-line.

His dark hair was slicked with perfection and was slightly dripping water droplets from the shower he had just gotten out of. I was practically drooling as I stared at his glistening body that I so badly wanted to touch.

My thoughts were quick to end when he turned his head in my direction. I quickly averted my gaze away from him as I tried not to show the blush that was creeping upon my cheeks. I slowly turned my head back to see him smirking at me as he walked into the bathroom.

"I'll be out in a few minutes." He told me and I bit my lip and nodded my head as I watched him close the bathroom door behind him.

My heart was racing fast in my chest and I sat there in his baggy t-shirt that he had loaned me while I dried my wet hair from the previous shower I had just taken. I could hear him whistling from inside the bathroom and I got up from the bed and quietly walked over to the bathroom door. Placing my ear against the door, I heard the sound of the sink running.

The beating of my heart only seemed to quicken and I took this as my chance to leave. It was now or never. If I wanted to get out of here and return to my normal life, I had to take advantage of this opportunity.

Pulling away from the bathroom door, I tossed my towel onto the bed and I grabbed the handle of the bedroom door and turned it before I pulled the door wide open. Without even thinking about it, I began to run through the apartment and head for the front door.

I ran down the hallway and through the living room, blinking hard as I tried to get the image of the dead mans body from the other day out of my head. His blood still slightly stained the floor even after the endless hours I spent trying to scrub it out of the rug and the wooden floor boards.

I ran past the kitchen and I could see the white door in front of me. I made it to a complete stop and I paused my hand as it hovered over the door knob. Something was telling me to stop and turn back around, but there was this voice inside of my head that was saying something completely different.

Going with my gut, I grabbed the locks and undid them. My hand moved back to the knob, and right as soon as I reached for it, the safety of a gun clicked off behind me, preventing me from moving any further.

"Going somewhere?" Salvatores deep yet sultry accent purred from behind me, leaving me to be struck with fear and arousal as my hand trembled over the knob. His warmth got even closer, and I felt his front press up against my back as he bent down next to my ear.