𝟏𝟎| 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 parties

-Amara-

Walking up to the front door, I placed a knock on it as I adjusted the birthday gift inside of my hands. I could already hear the sound of children laughing and yelling from inside as I waited. The door unlocked and I turned around to give Nate a thumbs up for him to leave.

"Hey, you made it!" Jacob greeted me, pulling me in for a hug and I smiled as I embraced him. He pulled away and I extended my arms out as I handed him the gift.

"This is for pearl. I don't know what kinds of things she likes but I tried my best." I laughed, fiddling with my fingers as he took the huge wrapped box as his eyes widened.

"Jesus, what'd you get her?" He chuckled, balancing the box in both of his hands as he hoisted it over his shoulder. "You'll find out later." I giggled at him, praying that she would like it.

"Please, come in." He said, opening the door wider and I adjusted my bag on my shoulder as I stepped inside of their home. I looked around the beautiful two-story house and my eyes fell upon Pearl who was accompanied by a few other kids as they came running down the stairs.

"Amara!" Pearl exclaimed, hugging her small arms around my legs and I smiled as I crouched down to give her a hug. She pulled away from me and her eyes fell upon the big box in Jacobs arms as they widened like saucers.

"Presents!" She gasped, jumping up and down as she clapped her small hands and I smiled as I looked at all of the little kids who were dressed in princess gowns and tiaras.

"You get to open them later, remember?" Jacob told her and she pouted her lips as she frowned at him. She decided not to protest and she turned her attention towards me, giving me a toothy smile.

"Come on, we have to get you dressed up." She said, grabbing my hand as she pulled me over towards her play area inside of the living room. I looked back at Jacob for help and he chuckled, shaking his head at me as he walked away to go set the present down with the others.

"In order to be a princess, you have to look like one." She said, placing a tiara on top of my head before handing me a small pink tutu. I raised my eyebrows as I took the tutu from her hand.

"I don't think this tutu will fit. It seems a little small." I giggled.

"You haven't even tried to put it on." She frowned and I released a sigh, stepping into the tutu that barely made it past my thighs. I snapped it around my waist and she clapped her hands in excitement.

"You look magical!" She giggled, her friends laughing along with her and I adjusted the tiara on my head as I turned to look at Jacob who was leaning against the wall, observing my outfit.

"Uncle Jacob, doesn't Amara look like a princess?" Pearl asked. He cracked a smile as he nodded his head in agreement and I placed my hands on the tutu as I gave him a small curtsy.

"Every princess needs a Prince Charming." She said, bringing a crown over towards him and he raised his eyebrows as he looked down at her.

"Sorry kid, I don't do dress up." He chuckled at her.

"But uncle Jacob, it's my birthday." She pouted her lips in an adorable way and he glanced at me and back at Pearl before he sighed, getting down on one knee as he bowed his head for her to place the crown on top.