𝟏𝟓| 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 goodbyes

-Amara-

I huffed out air, staring up at the tall building of Salvatores fancy apartment that was more of a penthouse than anything. I slapped a twenty in the taxi drivers hand, closing the door behind me before he drove off.

"Let's get this over with," I whispered to myself, beginning to head for the doors as I entered the lobby building. I decided to take the elevator instead of the stairs considering my feet were killing me.

I entered the elevator, humming along to the music as the feeling of my stomach dropping from the way that the elevator was moving caught my attention. I looked at my finger nails, suddenly finding them so interesting as the elevator stopped.

A ding rang in my ears before the metal doors pulled open, revealing the hallway. I began walking down to his apartment door, dreading every single step that I was taking. I decided to stop, taking my phone out before I found his contact. I pressed the call button, staring at his shut door. It rang a few times before he answered.

"What?" He asked snappily, my eyes rolling at his bitterness before I placed my hand on my hip, glaring at his door.

"I'm here to pick up Felix, remember?" I reminded him. I could hear the sound of Felix mewing in the background as he fell silent.

"The doors open." He hung up, defeating the purpose of me not wanting to see him ever again. I grit my teeth, redialing him.

"In case you don't remember, I don't want to see you Salvatore. Just bring him outside, I'm already waiting." I sighed frustratedly.

"No, I have to talk to you about something anyways." He said, hanging up again and I clenched my jaw, shoving my phone inside of my bag before heading for his door.

I latched my hand around the handle, twisting and turning as I pushed open the unlocked door. My eyes fell upon Felix as he walked over to me, brushing his body against my legs. I smiled, bending down next to him as I scratched the top of his head.

"Hey Felix," I said softly, closing the door behind me as I set my bag down on the floor.

"He missed you." My eyes raised up to meet his deep gray eyes and chiseled features as he stood there, a glass of liquor in hand while his other rest in the pocket of his slacks.

"You speaking for him or for yourself?" I grinned, his jaw clenching as his eyes wore an intense glare. He walked towards the counter, setting his glass down.

I stood up, running my hand through my hair as I walked closer to him. Felix ran off into the bedroom, my eyes catching him as he jumped right on top of Salvatores spot in the bed. I smiled, turning my attention back to Salvatore.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" I asked, my eyes connecting with his before they slowly fell to his lips that were moving, but I couldn't hear the words.

"Did you hear me?" He asked, catching my attention once more and I flickered my eyes back up to his, nodding my head even though I didn't hear a single word that he had just said.

"What did I just say?" He asked, a sigh escaping past my lips as I leaned against the counter.

"Blah blah blah, I have anger issues. Blah blah blah, I'm sorry." I giggled, staring up at him.