new friends

The next morning the small town had woken up to the news of another murder in the woods.

Right now Ichabod and Eleanore were stood outside of a stable. A ginger hair man walked out with a black and grey horse, Eleanore thought it was beautiful.

"The names gunpowder"

"He shall do just fine, thank you"

"Good look sir if you need any halo call my name" The man said handing Ichabod the horses rains "Good day young lady" he said to Eleanore.

"Much appreciated"

The horse moved it's head catching Ichabod off guard and causing Eleanore to giggle.

"Stop laughing, it wasn't funny"

A little boy suddenly ran over and Elenore chrouched down to his hight.

"Hello, what's your name?"

"Thomas"

"I'm Eleanore, would you like to come and play with me?"

"Oh yes please!"

A woman's voice was heard in the distance.

"Thomas, inside!"

The man picked him up and kissed his check then put him back down.

"Go an have your breakfast"

The child looked a little disappointed so Elenore held out her pinkie to him.

"We can play tomorrow instead, I promise"

They boy giggled and wrapped his little pinky around hers, they kissed their thumbs and put them together sealing the deal.

Thomas gave Elenore a hug before running off into the house of she assumed was his mother.

A gun shot rang out making Elenore jump and stand back up to her full height, Ichabod out an arm around her and rubbed her arm.

"Murder! The horsemans murdered again!"

Ichabod looked down at his daughter, debating weather or not to take her with him.

"My wife could watch her for you if you'd like, then she can play with Tohmas" The man said, helpfully.

"That would be most appreciated, Elenore I'm going to go and investigate I want you to stay with this man and be well behaved"

"I will, but be careful"

"I will darling"

He gave her a kiss on the check and then she ran off towards the man's house where the woman from before welcomed her in, excited to go and play with the young Thomas.

"Alright gunpowder, were off"

Ichabod attempted to jump onto the horse but failed miserably, he was eventually able to get on and guide the horse towards the forest with much difficulty. The ginger haired man came with him, taking his own horse.

He arrived to find everyone already there crowed around the headless body.

"It's alright, I'm here now"

He climbed off the horse with much delecacy (not) and walked towards the body, the sight causing him hot cringe.

"The fourth victim, Jonathan Mazbeth"

"I see, and... The head?"

"Taken"

"Taken, interesting, very interesting"

"What is?"

"In headless corpse cases of this sort the head is removed to prevent identification of the body"