slaughtered parents

Elenore had been hiding out at Thomas's house, after hearing about the incident with her father, his mother was quick to take her in and offer her a place to stay as long as she's needed, which Elenore was very grateful for.

Right now she and Thomas were lighting the latern.

"Don't pick your teeth, you'll teach the children bad habits" They heard the two adults say from the kitchen

"I am a bad habit, theres nothing for it" He husband replied, pulling her into his lap.

"Oh isn't there?"

Elenore and Thomas watched with a smile, as shadows of cats and witched danced around the walls of the room, their eyes sparkling with wonder.

Thomas's mother kneeled down behind them, placing a hand on both of their shoulders and giving them a little squeeze.

"Come on, let's get ready for bed" She told them both.

"Yes" "alright" they both responded.

Back in the Kitchen, Thomas's father noticed that everything in the room had began to shake and the fire behind him suddenly rose higher and larger alsmost jumping out of the fore place.

The door was suddenly broken into prices and there stood, the horseman, axe in hand, Thomas's father reacted quickly, jumping up form his chair and slamming it down in the undead monster.

"Horseman!" He shouted.

The two children gasped as Thomas's mother jumped up and slammed the door closed. In the other room his father grabbed a red hot fire poker and began drilling with the horseman, tearing the whole room apart.

His mother grabbed both of the children and ran to the corner of the room, kicking open a wooden trap door and lowering the two children into it.

"Thomas, Elenore quiet" She warned closing the door on the two of them. The young boy had began to shake with fear and Elenore pulled him into her lap and stoked her hair, silently trying to calm him down. Thomas snuggled into her, gripping the sleeved of her dress for dear life.

The battle in the kitchen was getting to intense for poor Thomas's father and we was soon pushed against the wall, his head cleanly sliced off by the horseman.

The young boys mother, ignored the this that she heard, tears brimming in her eyes she grabbed a rug and pulled it over the trap door, safely hiding the children beneath the floor.

Just as she had stood back up, the door slowly creaked open and in walked the horseman, her husband's decapitated head gripped tightly in his right hand.

She backed into the corner shocks into silence. Elenore held Thomas tightly as she crawled away from the trap door trying to hide further away from where the horseman was. The two looked up as his heavy boots pounded across the floor and towards Thomas mother.

A scream was heard and then a slice, a this soon followed as Thomas mother's head rolled along the floor landing right above where the children were sat.

Using one hand to muffel her scream, Elenore used the other to cover Thomas eyes not wanting him to see his mother's head.

The horseman' s boots were heard slowly crossing the room as he collected the head and got ready to leave the house. The two children kept as silent as they possibly could but it was no use.

The horseman was in the fornt doorway but stopped dead in his tracks, sensing that there were still others in the house.

He turned back around and slammed his axe right above where the  children were.

"No, no"

"Shhhh Thomas, I will not let any harm come to you"

The horse man reached down and grabbed both children pulling them out from the floor, and they both screamed. As soon as the horseman saw Elenore he stopped and just stared at her.

Taking this opportunity, the young girl released her grip on Thomas and his feet landed on the floor.

"Run Thomas, I'll be right behind you, go!"

Tears still streaming down his cheeks the young boy sprinted out of the front door and into the night, now only Elenore and the horseman were left.

The children scream was heard but the men on duty and the three of them rushed down to where the sound was heard.

Brom was the first one there and he saw Thomas running. without any hesitating, he picked the young boy up and carefully sat him on top of his horse.

"Stay here child"

He ran into the house and saw the horseman kneeling down, little Elenore still in history grip, he quickly aimed his gun and fired shooting the undead being right in the chest.

Elenore scaremed as she hit the floor. Her first insticnt made he run back into the room with the trap door and lock it. Running to the corner of the room and sinking down onto the floor.

Outside Brom watched as the horseman sat up from the floor, standing up and advancing towards him. He grabbed his gun again and used it to start dueling with the horseman.

Knifes were thrown, one landing into Brom's leg and with that the horseman walked away back in the direction of the woods.

Ichabod had come back from the woods and quicky assed the scene beige him. He jumped off his horse and ran over Brom, grabbing his arms to stop him from attacking the horseman.

"Wait, he is not after you"

"I'll get him"

Brom ripped himself form Ichabod's grip and ran over to the horseman starting do fuel with him again and Ichabod quickly joined the fight.

While all of them were distracted Thomas slid down form the horse and back into his house, he knocked on his bedroom door.

"Elenore its me, let me in!"

The young girl quickly opened the door and pulled the little boy in, immediately locking it after her. She pulled Thomas into her arms and hugged him tightly.

"Oh Thomas, did he hurt you, are you injured?"

"No Elenore he didn't hurt me"

She hugged him tighter as the events of the night beagn to sink in full and both children cried into eacht ohers shoulders.

"I'm so sorry Thomas, Don't worry I will look after you, I promise"

Outside the duel was getting more intense and Ichabod was able to Stoke the horseman, pulling himself and Brom away.

"We cannot win this"

The two ran way, across the bridge. They came to a stop at the end as they heard heavy footsteps following them. But when they turned around there was no one there.

It soon dawned on them what has happing and they looked up just as the horseman jumped down from the room of the bridge and another duel between him and Brom broke out.

As he had been injured, all Ichabod could do was watch as Brom was sliced into the thirds by the horseman, who field the scene.

And with that he fainted once more.