Loving: Eight

Home

The party went on and I didn't see the guy who walked away from the crowd.

We ate our dinner first before resuming the party para hindi magutom ang mga guest. Mom hired the best catering of the China Blue restaurant. Mom's friends keep on saying that the food was great and delicious, even my three-tiered pastel pink fondant cake.

After the dinner, the masters of ceremony announced that the program will resume. An unknown feeling registered to me since I don't know anything about the flow of the event. My only hint is when the masters of ceremony announce something.

We reached the part where they actually started giving gifts, the bills, and messages. I don't know what the right flow in every debut party is.

As the Masters of Ceremony called for Zia, the crowd contributes an applause before my sister started speaking.

"Zen?"

It was a question to divert my attention to her which I did.

"I know you are a smart child ever since you started knowing things on your own and I know you won't let others outsmart you," she stopped speaking and then she breathe heavily. "Being an adult isn't easy, for we are in the world that is full of discrimination and cruelty." She added.

"I hope you will stay compose as you are about to explore and experience more things. Praying and hoping for your happiness and growth, Zen." The side of her lips lift for a smile. Happy birthday, our no longer little Zen," she went to me and give me a very swift yet heartfelt kiss in the cheeks and in my forehead.

After Zia, Kuya Lem went to get the mic from Ate.

"Zen, baby." Iyon pa lang ang nasabi niya pero napangiti na ako. He is the sweetest.

"Happy birthday to you. You know how Kuya loves you so much. I love you more than your Ates," the guests and I laughed at him

"I know that I am your favorite sibling," I said confidently!

"Indeed! You are my most favorite Cimafranca-Montreal. Baby? I am hoping that...even if you are eighteen now you will still listen to us. However, I want you to learn on your own especially how to handle things because like what your Ate said, it's never easy to be an adult. I want you to still listen to us because it is for your own good. But if you feel like what you are doing is right, then go," he said as if he doesn't have a choice.

Natatawa ako.

"Kuya, chill. Don't sulk right there. I'll be good." Sabi ko at nginitian niya lang ako.

"Time will come that you are going to make your own name in the industry, along with the path that leads you to your own legacy. I know you have the potential and I wanna see more of it."

I agreed to what he said. Because indeed Kuya, ako rin! Gusto ko makita ang sarili kong gumagawa ng mga bagay na higit pa sa inaasahan kong magagawa ko.

"And please baby, huwag ka muna mag-boyfriend. I don't think I'll agree with that," he joked! But I don't like his joke! I'm not a sucker for love!

"Kuya ano ba? Aside sa hindi pa ako ready sa ganyan, wala rin namang nanliligaw and I have friends with me," tinuro ko ang mga kaibigan ko na kinakaway-kawayan ako.

I wonder if what I said was true. Maybe ngayon masasabi ko na hindi pa ako handa, pero paano kaya kapag dumating ang panahon na may tao na akong magustuhan? Will I be ready by then? 'Yong kahit alam kong dehado, susugal pa rin ako? Please, ayaw ko pa. I pleaded silently.