Chapter 7

My head was throbbing and my eyes were burning as I lay there on a bed. The room was different than before. "What the hell?" I asked groggily as I tried to sit up. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, I was the in cave. Being in the cave meant the boys were here, that means...

"Hey she's up!" A voice shouted and before I knew it I saw a flash of black hair fly in front of me. Dwayne sat there with worry in his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with concern in his voice. I back away from him slightly and I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes for a moment. My eyes still hurt as I saw the other boys standing by the bed that had different types of fabric thrown over it making it look like a canopy bed.

"I...I need to leave." I said trying to stand up but somehow ended up over the ground. Yes, over the ground, as in my feet were not on the ground, they were in the air. "What the hell!" I shouted as I heard someone laugh, probably Paul, but then I heard a smack and the laughing stopped.

"Just calm down." I heard David say.

"Calm down? Calm down?!" I shouted. "You expect me to calm down?! Look at what you've done to me!" I moved closer to the ground each second until eventually my feet hit the earth.

"Technically it was Max's fault. He wanted you as a daughter and made us do this. Besides, you couldn't just leave your mate hanging could you?" David asked.

"Max told you to do this? Why would he do that?! Wait...mate?" David nodded,

"Max wanted a daughter and said you were a perfect fit. And yes. mate. As in life long soul mate." He motioned over to Dwayne who was still sat on the bed.

"So you just do what he says?" I asked, rubbing my eyes, they weren't this bad before.

"Look it's not that easy to just disobey him. That blood you drank was his, he's the head vampire. He has the power to control us, he doesn't use it too often, but when he really wants something or in this case, someone, we can't just refuse to do it. We all share the blood, Max's blood is in our veins, and now yours too." This is all too much to take it. I sit back down on the bed and place my hands over my eyes. Aren't I only half-vampire?

"There's got to be a way..." I mutter. "I'm only a half-vampire, there's got to be a way to reverse it, right?" Paul scratched the back of his head,

"About that," He started. "You took a pretty bad fall yesterday. You were kind of losing a lot of blood so we had to fix it." I stood up quickly. "What are you saying?" I demanded, narrowing my eyes.

"We have to save you so we sort of, kind of, just had to feed you the blood of the remaining people at that party." My eyes widened. "

Lucky for you, Paul didn't eat them all so we had just enough to save you." Marco added, trying to humor the situation.

I stormed out of the cave as quickly as I could. David had told me to stop but I didn't listen, I had to talk to Max. I didn't hear any of them following me, also I learned that being a vampire gave better hearing and seeing. This was great being I had no idea how to get to Max's house, but I tried to remember the way they came when they brought me to the cave. Luckily all I had to do was go straight, being able to hear cars as they passed was very helpful plus my mad skills of directions, but mainly the hearing. I had to go quicker than this, I looked up into the sky and noticed it was a darker shade of blue than before. I don't want to miss the night. I broke out into a run which was much faster than I thought it would be. What was originally a thirty-minute run turned into a five minute one with the speed I had acquired. Damn vampires and their cool abilities.