Chapter 15

Once we left the cave we flew for what seemed like ages. I had no clue where we were going at all, only that it was the opposite way from the boardwalk. The thought communication was still blocked. I wanted them to find me, but I was worried about the wrath that might ensue if I try talking to Dwayne. He could hate me for leaving out of nowhere, but I had to protect Laddie. That wasn't selfish, right?

Damien never looked back at me as we traveled to god knows where but I knew it would be bad if I tried to escape, for all of us. I needed to go along with this plan and see where it gets me.

"Where are we going?" I asked, breaking the silence that lingered all around up. The trees we were above held no life and their canopies blocked out any moonlight that tried to shine through.

"We're going to my home of course. Where else would we be going?" He asked as if I was stupid. He held a smirk on his face as the silence returned for the rest of the trip.

We eventually landed on a small area of trees that seemed to separate themselves from the rest of them. "Home sweet home." Damien said, walking into the trees that soon enveloped him in like a mother hugging a child. I sighed and followed him before I lost him. There were stairs that led down and Damien stood at the top of them, looking down into the dark stairwell. "Shall we?" He said, motioning towards the stairs. I started down them, cautious of the man behind me.

Near the end of the staircase, the smell of dried blood and dirt was caught in my nose and I saw a dim orange light that flickered in and out like a flame. The room at the bottom was very spacious with various items sprawled around. Posters on the wall, a few pieces of furniture, a pool table, it was almost like a basement. Few doors were placed around the room, probably somewhere to sleep. It reminded me of him, only the boys kept more stuff around. This place seemed bare. There were barely any noises coming from anything.

"Damien!" A shrill girl's voice cut through my thoughts. I was soon pushed out from the place I stood and almost landed on the floor if not for vampire reflexes. "You're back!" I took a look at the girl. She was shorter than I was and more petite. Her long, brown hair brushed past her shoulders as she almost tackled the man to the ground.

"Amanda, what have I told you about the physical contact?" Damien asked with a stern tone in his voice. She immediately put her hands to her sides and looked up at him with sad, green eyes. If Damien's mate really was dead, he would still miss her. That's probably why he doesn't want this girl, Amanda's, affection. Damien's eyes flicked towards me as if trying to take her attention off of himself, and it seemed to work because before I knew it her gaze landed on me.

"Who is she?" She scowled, looking back to Damien as if asking why he brought another woman into their lair. She brought her eyes back to me as in in a trance while Damien smirked before turning and heading deeper into their home. She snapped out of her state and skipped over to the man she was like a little pixie. She seemed infatuated with him and it was as if she wanted him to be her mate.

I followed them both and Damien sat on the couch that was placed is the middle of the room. The lighting was a fire in the near the couch along with a lot of candles that were almost everywhere. Some hung on fixtures that were almost like wire baskets. If someone tripped they were bound to set themselves on fire.

"Amanda, calm down. She's a friend. Her name is Cheyenne." Damien answered, emphasizing the word friend and locking eyes with me, the smirk never leaving his face. I frowned and looked back at Amanda who sat next to him like a lost puppy that Damien decided to feed that day. I stood next to the couch, not wanting to sit down and get comfortable. That was by far the last thing I wanted. I could open the communication, but I still don't know if I should. I decided to keep it closed, though it takes a lot out of you.

Loud footsteps sounded from the staircase and I turned around to see a buff looking guy appear. His short blonde hair contrasted with his dark brown eyes and seemingly perfect features. He had blood stains across his pale blue shirt and worn out jeans. Even some dotted across his lips and his chin. He grinned, wiping the blood from his face, and immediately walked over to me, throwing an arm over my shoulders. I tensed almost automatically.

"Who's the new girl? Newborn, Damien? Were we not enough for you?" He grinned at Damien and then at me. Damien wasn't amused and crossed one leg over the other and crossed his arms, leaning back onto the cushion of the couch.

"That's Cheyenne, Damien's new friend." Amanda answered, mocking my name. I rolled my eyes at her. What was she, seven?

"Cheyenne huh? I'm Jack. Sadly it's not as cute as your name though. " The blonde flirted. God these people are idiots. I removed his arm from my shoulder and move slightly over.

"Jack leave the girl alone." Damien glared at Jack and the blonde sat down. "You know you can sit right?" He asked, looking at me.

"Yeah we don't bite." Amanda said with a grin, and a fake sweet tone to her voice.

"Not hard anyway." Another girl said, coming from one of the rooms. "I'm Arlette." She introduced with a grin. Her red hair fell to her shoulders with a braid on one side of her head. Her green eyes were soft and seemed kind, but there was that spot of them that held danger. She had a bit of an accent in her voice when she talked but I couldn't place it to where she was from. She seemed older than the rest of them, probably closer to Damien's age. She seemed nice, but I need to keep my guard up, I don't know any of these people and Damien wanted to kill before.

I'm surprised he hadn't killed me already. We're far enough out that it wouldn't matter if the other boys found me. I would have already been dead. Maybe they wouldn't find my body. Oh god, the things that could do to Dwayne. It would be better to tell him where I am. To tell them all where I am. I did only just get here and I know only that there are three other people. It would be an even fight if I'm not around for it. There could be more than three others though, I need to make sure I know what I would be getting them into.

"Cheyenne, come with me." Damien said, standing up while everyone else started at him confused. Clearly he keeps his thoughts to himself. He started walking to one of the doors and I hesitated before I followed him, this could be my last moment, I had to talk to Dwayne. I quickly reopened the thoughts.

'Dwayne?' I thought, almost praying he would answer.

'Cheyenne?!' Dwayne answered, sounding relieved just still worried. 'Where are you? Are you okay? We found Laddie crying the cave saying you left with that guy!' I took a deep, not needed breath and balled my hands into fists.

'I don't know how much time I have left...'

'What are you talking about? Tell me where you are and we can get you. David, Marco, and Paul are all worried about you. Well Davids more mad but not at yo-' I cut him off.

'Dwayne, I love you.'

I closed my thoughts back and followed Damien into the room.