Chapter 11

I, apparently, never left Damien's sight since he kept following me, which I didn't mind too much because my plan kind of involved him. So, for once it was a good thing. I made my way back over to the others, managing not to drop Laddies hot dog in the mess of the people that were sprawled about the boardwalk. Once Laddie saw me he immediately ran over, much to Dwayne's dismay since he saw the one person who I've been keeping an out was following me.

"Did you get it? Did you?" Laddie asked excitedly. The kid loved his food, I could tell you that. I handed it down to him and he ran back off to Paul, jumping up and down but making sure not to make his beloved food fell onto the ground. I laughed at the kid as I stood next to Dwayne, feeling an arm make its way over my shoulders as I leaned my head onto where his neck and shoulder met.

"Why's he following you?" Dwayne asked, nodding his head over to where Damien stood as he watched the scene. His cape flowing in the slight breeze the ocean had brought in. He looked like he was scanning the sight of us. David was leaning on his bike with Star next to him keeping her normal helpless face. Marco was flirting with some girl who he might have as a meal later, and Paul was slightly headbanging to the music that could be heard from the concert area while he listened to Laddie's stories. Then you had Dwayne and me, leaning against a railing watching the new resident of the boardwalk.

"I wanted to see something about him. Find out if he's really what he says he is." I answered, keeping my head in place but gazing up to my mate's face, watching the emotions read through it. He was confused, not that I blame him. "I want to take him feeding." I said quickly. Dwayne made a sudden movement, now standing in front of me.

"You want to what?" He asked with wide eyes, thinking he heard something different.

"Look, we take him feeding, if he actually feeds then we know he's real and we know what we're up against. If he doesn't, then we kill him. Simple." I explained. Dwayne still thought it was a bad idea. His face never changed. I sighed and got up from leaning against the rails and made my way over to David since it was him who really had the final say when Max wasn't around. "David." I started, grabbing his attention from a group of girls who met his gaze. "I need you to decide something." I said as I started to explain to the blonde what I told Dwayne.

"Is that necessary? I say we just kill the kid" David replied nonchalantly. "He's on our turf anyway, it's no different than a Surf Nazi coming here and thinking they can do whatever the hell they please." I took a deep breath; it'll take some persuasion to please David into letting me do what I thought was best for us.

"Look, if he is a vampire, we tell Max. We'll see how Max wants us to handle it. You never know, maybe he has a different solution and might not be happy with the death of the guy." I said.

David shrugged, "So we don't tell him." I rolled my head back and looked at the stars in the sky.

"If you don't want to tell him, I will." I threatened, returning my stare straight into his eyes. "Max needs to know what's happening around here. We can't just keep him in the dark all the time. That's not fair to him."

David chuckled, "You really think he cares about us, don't you? The only thing he cares about is being in control of us." It was my turn to laugh.

"Hm, that sounds like someone else we all know." I claimed sarcastically.

"You know what? If you want to tell Max, go for it, Princess. You can tell him all you want; he'll have the same idea as I do. Just kill him." David ended before moving his gaze back to the girls he was checking out before. I groaned and left back to Dwayne.

"I'm taking Count Dracula Jr. to feed." I told him before heading over to Damien who still stood there awkwardly. I felt a hand grab my wrist and turn me around. Dwayne's face held concern with a mix of slight anger which was new.