Chapter 11: Little Friends Stay 'Til the End

I wave back to Brad before entering my apartment. I'm immediately bumbarted by Ruby holding the tiny little kitten in her hands. "Look, I think she said aunt Ruby." I roll my eyes and scoff as I walk to my room. "I'm going to bed, Ruby. I have work tomorrow. Plus....I've had an interesting night."

"Okay, I'll stay with you. I just need to call my mom and dad to tell them." I smile to myself as Ruby baby talks the kitten before putting down on the floor. Before I walk sluggishly into my room, I slip the red dress off and throw it on the floor. My eyes shut closed, more than ready to release into sleep, until I'm waken up from the highest sweetest melody. I prop myself up and see a tiny orange and white kitten kneading her paws against my blanket that is pooled at the side of my bed.

I giggle and lean over the bed, scooping the tiny creature up and into my arms. "Come here, you." I softly kiss her on the head and place her on the pillow next to mine. "Good night...... Melody." I smile at the name as the kitten songs it's sweet melody through the darkness.... Until I finally fall into a sleep to remember.

I search frantically for my purse in the morning. "Ugh, Ruby, I'm late!" I growl out as Ruby walks into my room. She chuckles at my panicked state and goes to find my purse without another word about it. After two minutes of frustration and panick, "Found it!" I run to Ruby and grab the purse from her hands. My heart skipping with joy. "Good, because I was about to leave it and run." I run out of my apartment and down the stairs, my hair falls all over my face. I jump off the last four steps to come face to face with a limo in front of the broken, sluggish apartment building. I see Rex get out of the front door to open the back door. I can't see through the tinted windows as the door opens. A tall, strong figure emerges from behind the limo. My heart forgets to beat when I realize it's Mr. Strong. Rex closes the door behind Mr. Strong as he walks up to my disheveled form. "Good morning, Miss. LaRue." How on earth can he stay up until twelve o'clock at night, eating escargot and wine and then wake up perfectly perfect the next day?! "G--good..." I clear my throat before I throw up with anxioty. "Good morning." I rake my hands through my hair and push it away from my face. I see Mr. Strong glaring to my broken down, peacful apartment building. I look down to the floor in shame. 'Yeah, this is where us worthless people live, tough guy.' When I look up, Mr. Strong is looking to my saddened face. "Is this where you live, Miss. LaRue?" I can't find my voice to respond, so I nod shallowly. His expression stays soft, but emotionless. "Rex."

"Yes, sir."

"Cancel all my appointments for today. I'll pay for any delays tomorrow." My eyes widen. "Wait? Why?"

"I'm helping you move, Miss. LaRue... to my house."

Short chapter :) sorry.
Naevia-Black