1 : Crucial

The sirens of the police cars arrived just after Rachel stepped her foot out of the car. A homicide, just happened a couple of blocks away from her partner's home, Luna. She's on police reports duty that had been stacked for the past weeks, by some irresponsible others. Rachel approached the corpse that seemed like a woman in her 30's, she noticed some stab wounds on her back and hip. "Forensics, status?" she asked. "The victim's name is Michelle Whitson, age 36. Mother of Deliah Whitson and Charles Whitson, they're twins apparently. And unfortunately a single mother" one of the members of the Forensics explained while taking some photo evidence.

"Shit" Rachel shook her head, she knew one thing. How it felt. She wouldn't imagine how the kids would react, "Any update?" she asked.

"I assume you already know by the looks of the stabbing pattern"

"BBK?"

"Possibly"

"No, this is definitely the Blue Blood Killer" Rachel stated, "And the kids? I might need to talk to them"

"Oh they're already at the precinct" as the forensic 's member answered, Rachel took off. Leaving the crime scene which was less important, than the emotions of the kids.

*****

"Are you Deliah and Charles?" Rachel bended her body to match their short small bodies. Their eyes were red and teary, Deliah was holding a teddy bear while Charles was holding her hand. "Y-yes ma'am"

"Im very sorry for your lost, i really do. We will find who ever did this to your mother. I promise you" Instantly, Deliah charged Rachel and landed her a tight hug. Rachel kneeled and opened her arms so Charles could join. Without knowing the situation, Rachel didn't bother the tears that were running down her cheeks. She felt their lost years ago when her parents were murdered, it was a feeling that a void suddenly appeared in your chest. She let go the hug and they were escorted by a police officer to another room. "That damn bastard" she mumbled, "I swear if i find you, I'll  be in jail for making your meat for barbecue".

Rachel left the building, the clock stroke midnight. She hasn't had any dinner yet, so she called Luna. She knew her work hours are night to morning, so she would've just woken up by now.

"Hey sleepy tomato, im starving"

"Oh my god Rachel I've just woken up! Im not your personal chef!" at the end of her sentence she released a loud yawn, Rachel just chuckled and continued "But you are my personal vip room"

"Whatever, grab me some Popeye's sandwich. And make it a double"

"Wait what? You didn't cook?"

"When did i ever cook?"

"Point taken" Rachel ended the call and approached her car. She noticed a shadowy figure just a couple of blocks away standing inside the alley, she fixed her focus but it was nothing. "Huh" she stated. She slid inside her car and drove off to the popeye's drive thru to order some food for her partner, who could eat like a fucking pig.

*****

"Ughhhh finallyyy im starving" Luna grabbed the bag from Rachel's held and immediately went back inside, Rachel still standing there speechless. "Not even a hello. Okay partner" she rolled her eyes while entering. She closed the door behind her and locked it. The crickets were very loud for some reason, made a little distraction there for a bit.

"Anyway, any luck?" Rachel asked, she was of course referring to the clue Luna has been always digging. About the one and only, the Blue Blood Killer. Luna sighed, "Not that i noticed any".

"Hey, we will find who he is. We just need to keep trying"

Luna smiled and continued to eat on the couch while still have her eyes on her laptop. Rachel, on the other hand, went to the bathroom and noticed the window was opened. She yelled "Luna! How many times do i have to tell you to lock your windows when night time comes!?", she rolled her eyes then proceeded to close it.

"My bad!" a shout was heard on Rachel's ears.

Rachel decided to check all the rooms, which have windows who weren't locked. She worried sometimes about Luna when she's alone, she meant how will she survive a night without her? Oh my god. Just, no. She went back to check on Luna who was still on her laptop, Rachel locked the front windows and noticed an email has been received on Luna's computer. "Hey, we have two B.O.L.Os" Rachel called Luna, and expected Luna jumped off the couch and read it with her. "So, a middle aged murderer and a professional kidnapper. And they target women, specifically" Luna stated.

"Well, isn't this great. Does this town produces psychopaths or something?" Rachel said sarcastically, she was very done with the whole situation. A killer on the move and there are two more criminals added on the list. "I'll recharge on the couch, wake me up when you're done" Rachel stormed the couch and closed her eyes. Luna rolled her eyes while continued to work with the reports that kept coming in.

*****

Rachel woke up to a muffled bushes, then she heard a meow. She thought Oh, just a cat. The light were off as she looked up, must've been the lightbulb. She looked over to the computer Luna was on, turned out she fell asleep on the table. She smirked and was about to shout her name to wake her up, but a shadow appeared from the hallway. It's getting bigger, showing the figure was getting closer. Rachel was shocked to see the person, his skin was light and he wore a white coat. It was the murderer on the one of the B.O.L.Os she had read. He has a smirking smile and carried a syringe on him, and was about to attack Luna.

Rachel acted fast and charged towards him, he fell and she landed on his back while he's looking towards the floor. The arm which was holding the syringe was held back by Rachel, but she could tell his expression didn't change a bit. "You targeted the wrong woman" she stated. "Did i?" he asked, mockingly by the judgment of his tone.

"You have the right to remain silent, doctor" surprise surprise Luna didn't wake up from all the ruckus. She's still sleeping soundlessly. "Why am i always being mistaken for having a doctor as an occupation..." he expressed. Rachel let her guard down, because he purposely let go of the syringe that made Rachel a bit surprised and knocked her over when he turned around. The role was reversed, he pinned her down on the floor holding her both hands and sit on top of her. The syringe appeared on his hand, "How the tables have been turned" he chuckled. Rachel noticed his facial features are a bit different from the report from the B.O.L.O. His brown hair was neatly tidied up, and he looked a lot younger than from the sketch. His lips were strawberry soft and he has some mild brows. She realized now why his victims are mostly women, maybe because he could attract them easily. "Let me go you fucking psychopath!" she shouted.

"Now detective. Because you interrupted me, i shall do you the honor of replacing Luna as my target. Sleep tight" he injected the syringe on her neck, she was about to shout for help but he quickly covered her mouth. "Ashshshsh, don't want to wake Luna up do we?", her vision began to blackened and the voices were fading. Then her consciousness were gone.

To be continued
Hello, welcome to my fanfic. I hope y'all enjoyed, stay tuned for more!