8 : Secret

It's currently 3 AM in the morning. Rachel couldn't sleep with the fact the recent actions she had taken cornered her mind, her eyes were red and her hair was like what a model would have in the 300BC. All this time she was staring at her room's ceiling, wondering why the hell did she kiss a wanted criminal. Possibly a cannibalistic rapist. She sighed, turned her body around to have a different position.

My disease, is that i fell, in love. With the person law forbid me to lay eyes on

The words kept being repeated and repeated over and over again inside Rachel's thoughts. She shut her eyes, trying to bury away the forbidden feelings.

"I can't"

"I just can't"

"Why do i even have this in the first place"

She mumbled words after words. The feeling of his soft-strawberry lips before, and the gentleness and firmness. That didn't make any sense. He was like a machine. There was no possible and logical way for a criminal like him to have that sort of feelings towards her. In fact, it is one of the liabilities to have when you're maniac. Even so, Rachel blacked out from her tiredness.

*****

It was morning. It was a new day for her to begin. Not having enough sleep was her first delay, the second one is knowing that the FBI will be at the precinct to continue with the investigation on BBK. She got up and went to her kitchen to brew some coffee, while she was waiting, might as well watch tv for some news.

"Despite with the unknown killer on the lose, we received some new information that the case was handed over to the FBI recently-" Rachel quickly threw her remote and made all of the glass from the tv shattered across the floor. She squinted her eyes with her fingers and inhaled, "FUCK" she yelled.

She got up, not caring whether she stepped on the glass shard or not, and grabbed her mug of coffee after she heard a beep sound. She smelled the aroma and sip it, she grabbed a sandwich and munched on it while she sit down on the floor. She sighed, knowing that she was very stressful. "You know it was dangerous to do what you did" a voice appeared. Rachel didn't even bother to point her gun, she just spun her head and there lies a figure that made some air inside of her lungs, vanished.

Tanner, the bad guy whom she fell in love with. The one that ruined her career, ended up being the one that took her heart. She took a sip of her coffee and leaned her head back. Tanner noticed smoke were coming out of Rachel's tv, he grabbed the fire extinguisher and bursted it towards the tv. He walked around the pieces of glass shards on the floor and kneeled in front of Rachel. His hazel eyes locked on her eyes, he smirked and said "There is a piece of glass shard on your cheek".

Rachel didn't answer, she just looked at him then landed her eyes somewhere else. He chuckled and got up, reached out a small towel that was hanging on the kitchen's cabinet. He soaked it with cold water and kneeled beside her, "Hold still" he plucked the shard out as Rachel released a small groan. He patted the wound with the towel slowly. "I believe something is bothering you" he said.

She didn't budge, just continued to look at the floor. Tanner smirked while he raised on of his brows, he put a bandage on Rachel's cheek and moved across to her front. "Are you perhaps, angry?" he lifted her chin up. She locked her eyes to his, she gazed him from his eyes to his lips. But then she spun her head, avoiding his attention.

"No, I'm just.... confuse"

"Why?"

"Oh i don't know, maybe the fact that someone who had ruined my career ended up being the one i fell in love with?!" she sarcastically said while standing up, Tanner stood up and faced her. She looked at him in the eyes, questioning whether he'd understand. "Why do you even bother to love me? Isn't that a liability for a, maniac, like you to have such feelings?!" she asked, stepping closer to him. Made him stepping back,

"And ME? I'm a detective, who works literally by the law. And you, a psychopathic asshole, who works in the dark, that and i quote, serves the light god knows what!" she cornered him with the wall behind him, his expressions didn't change. Still has that mischievous-devilish smile. "What do you expect from a relationship that doesn't even have a chemistry Tanner?!"  she exclaimed. She knocked the wall beside his head, he knew that must be painful. Rachel looked down, whimpering. Without a warning, he lifted her chin up and placed a kiss on her lips. He smiled then pulled back, taking her hand that it's knuckle started to swollen and becoming purple. He rubbed it soft and replied "How about let's make it our secret? That would be fun wouldn't it?".

She looked at him and, she was done crying. Done stressing about her life, her career, her vengeance. She rushed a hug on him, wrapping her hands around him. Tanner grabbed her waist, pulling her close while his other hand on her head. Caressing them. She was sobbing on the hug,

"Now now, shshshshsh. You're a gorgeous woman, don't let the tears ruin your cute face"

She pulled away and hummed, sarcastically. "I'm not cute" she exclaimed. She grabbed a broom and started to sweep up the shattered glasses on the floor. "You're even cuter when you're mad" he teased while casually wrapping around his arms around Rachel, moreover putting his head on her shoulder. She tensed up, her face turned red by the seconds. She elbowed him and stated "Fuck off or I'll cook your meat and turn it into a meatloaf".

"Isn't that my doing sweetheart?"

She rolled her eyes, even though it was a very dark humor. She looked at her broken TV, she sighed and thought to buy a new one. But why bother, i mean the internet is now a very wide spread news giver.

Her phone vibrated, Rachel took it and realized it was a message from her boss. A text, regarding, Luna. Her eyes widened as soon as she reached the end of the paragraph.

"HOLY-" she cursed.

To be continued
Hey guys im back with another chapter! Im sorry if it's a slow update, what can i say im an author of many books xD. Well i hope you guys enjoyed! Vote and comment for more!