5 : Cover up

Days after the unexpected, a homicide happened at the down town area. Rachel guessed that it was Tanner, turned out her expectations weren't very precise. She received the call and drove off to the scene as fast as she could. When she arrived, the forensics were already gaining the evidence. She stepped out of the car to be greeted by the FBI, she was surprised at first. "Detective Colton, my name is Samuel Parton. Im from the FBI" he put out his hand and instantly she accepted it. "Nice to meet you Mr. Parton" she said.

"By the looks of this town's report, there is a supposedly famous wanted criminal" he opened a conversation as they both walked towards to the scene.

"Yes, we call him the Blue Blood killer?"

"Him? So you've uncovered the gender of this criminal?"

"Uhm no, but clearly i can see the pattern"

"How so?" they arrived at the body who was hanging from a rope. The body didn't have any wound and there was no weapon at the crime scene. "I can see that he put down a trap. When the victim entered the room, it triggered the rope beneath his feet and made his body swung downwards. While a couple of feet away there was another rope, grappling around his neck just as he fell. Instantly he was pulled upwards..."

Rachel approached the end of the rope which was tied to the metal pole, it was tied up pretty small but steady. "...If the Blue Blood killer is in fact, a woman, she would've tied it variously uncontrollably. Meaning there was a couple of twists she made to the rope. And she must atleast have a body of a built man that went to the gym for five years to be able to lift a one hundred and eighty two pounds of a man" she continued to explain. Samuel nodded while both of his hands were behind him, "I see why the state are signing you on this case, i must say you are qualified enough" he spoke.

"But im afraid that's the end of your investigation" he continued, Rachel's both eyes widened followed by her furrowed eyebrows. "I beg your pardon" she asked. He handed a piece of paper to her, "This is the state's order. It said that your part of the homicide related to the Blue Blood killer is now transfered to the FBI" he stated. She thought he was just a nice guy wanted to help her, too bad it was a reverse psychology. She can't believe this. "What?! But I've been on this case for almost-" her sentence was cut by him. "Not that long, that's why Detective. Have a nice day" he excused himself and went off. Rachel couldn't believe what she just received, she crushed the paper with her fist and ran to her car. Tears ran down her cheek. If only she had the evidence. If only Tanner gave the full picture. If only.

It started to rain, her eyes weren't focusing on the road since they were all teary. She tried to wipe it, but still couldn't help it. "Shouldn't ve listened to that fucking ASSHOLE" she shouted, plus she was banging her steering wheel with her fists. The light was blurry up ahead, but soon turned dark when she hit something hard.

*****

The aroma, the smell. The instant her nose's sensed the room, she could already tell. She was in the hospital, she could feel a stabbing pain on her side stomach. She saw bandages wrapped around her stomach area, she tried to sit up but was moaning in agony as she was trying. She looked around the room, landed her eyes on a familiar figure. Luna. She was sleeping on the chair beside her, she didn't want to wake her up. But it was too late, her eyes were opening.

"Rachel? How are you feeling honey?" her voice was a little cracked, maybe the fact that her partner was rushed to the hospital after hitting her car to a tree. "I-im fine. Just, a little numb on my arm" she explained.

"You never drink when you drive"

"Yes. Never did, never will"