13 : Expected

Luna opened her eyes slowly, both arms stretched upwards followed by her yawn. What stopped her with both eyes widened, straight looking up to Rachel. Rachel already has her mouth opened wide, with her gaze reading the folder which was held on her hands.

Luna winced and quickly reached for it "Rachel! Wh-" but her hands were too slowly. Rachel stood back with her eyes painting a force of terror. "Luna..Who is this?" she raised the folder above her head.

Her expression changed, not caring if Luna was her friend. Her eyes felt betrayed. Inside the folder contained all of the classified information of the head leader on the deep web. Rachel twitched her eyes, anger and sickness conquered her mind.

"Who the fuck is Adam Flatau?!" Luna pulled her hand back, lower lip bit. She looked down, "Luna ANSWER ME" Rachel screamed. The glitters in her eyes explained of disappointment. Luna jumped caused by Rachel's high and strict tone.

"H-he.." Luna trembled. Both hands shaking. She didn't make any eye contact, avoiding Rachel's glare. She inhaled a deep breath and forced Rachel with all her might. "Let's, talk in the living room" she stated.

*****

Rachel went back and forth, the stomping sound of her feet filled the rooms. Luna glanced her eyes to her non-stop like a duck following it's mother. Rachel's breathing was uneasy, a hand fisted and the other on her chin.

"Rachel...please calm down-"

"Oh yeah sure i'll calm down, after my friend stayed silent about this all this fucking time"

Luna looked down, not wanting to make any more problems caused by her. Rachel grunted under her breath, "Rachel come on, we both had our secrets".

She stopped her both foot and turned to Luna, honestly she felt very bad. Remembered that recently she shouted towards her friend. Rachel sighed and kneeled in front of her. "It's true, i guess i'm sorry too" she admitted.

Luna raised her chin up and smiled, "Yeah, we both risked our life and job just to contain BBK's evidence. Even though it only leads us to only one clue" she said.

"When Tanner kidnapped you, he didn't hurt you did he?"

"Except with his chemical which had been injected on the back of my ear? Yeah i'm overall fine" she chuckled.

"I guess that makes the both of us" Rachel showed the back of her ear, Luna tilted her head and gasped. "Oh my god.." she muttered.

"Bad news, he didn't give me what i want politely like he did to you. He went with the threat game and.." she cut her words, Luna leaned in waiting for her to continue. Luna raised a brow, "What?" she asked.

Rachel sighed with her hand on her neck, "Unfortunately, we slept together-" before she could continued, Luna's jaw already dropped. Her stare went blank. Rachel looked into her eyes and saw that nobody was home. Unexpectedly her soul went out of her body.

"Luna?! Luna!" she shaken her body, but then she passed out in her arms. "Fuck.." Rachel grunted.

*****

Rachel stood up after realizing Luna had slowly opened her eyes, she moaned in confusion. Her hand on the side on her head, supporting her headache to what it seemed. Rachel kneeled in front of her and said "Hey, don't scare me like that"

"Rachel! I'M the one who supposed to be scared! Are you shitting with me right now? How can you fall for HIM?"

Rachel sighed and sat beside her, her hand supporting her head under her jaw. "I know, i should've known when he confessed to me, it was all just his mind trick game. I am an idiot" she clenched her fist.

Luna traced her hand on her shoulder and looked deep into her eyes, "It's okay, at least now we know". Rachel nodded in response, and pulled her into her arms. Giving the warmest hug there is.

After she pulled away, Rachel still had her hands on each of Luna's shoulder, she said "But, we have a fatal clue now. Adam Flatau. The older brother of BBK. Now we just need to search for his wonder".

Luna sighed and placed Rachel's both hands down and replied, "Unfortunately, when i ran down his identity on my crime watch program, i had nothing. No id, no prints, no clue of existence. It's like he doesn't exist"

Rachel tilted her head, humming on her breath "Well at least we have a major clue to lead us to him" she said. Luna nodded with a smile.

*****

Meanwhile, in the headquarter.

Adam was preparing for the red room, another stream for him was about to begin. Two victims have been placed on his chair and being tied up. But a sudden intrude interrupted him, a door cracking sound of the steel door opened made Adam attention turned.

"Adam" the figure greeted.

"Brother, what brings you here" Adam replied, pulling his mask away. Approaching his brother.

"I need to inform you, your name has appeared many times on a crime watch program. At least in one of the stations"

Adam raised a brow, he crossed his arms and said "Which station?". His brother shooked his head, "I tried to breach the wall. But it appears the security held by this station were too powerful" he replied.

Adam leaned his back to the wall behind him, he sighed. He spun his head towards his brother and said "I'll see what i can do"

To be continued

Hey guys im back! I think i have to be hiatus. I felt like needed to catch up to my classes, because i've been delaying my works for this story. Also, my ideas were compromised lmao. Im that type to immediately fasten my phase up to building a new story, has an amazing plot of the prologue/epilogue, then ended up having my head blunt. But don't worry, im not abandoning this book :) well anyways sorry for the short chapter, see ya guys!