11 : Lost cause

Warning : there will be a plot of sexual tension, make sure you're ready.

It was dark, and silent. Too silent. Usually the crickets find their way to entertain the quiet night on Rachel's home. But this time, it didn't. Her fingers went ticking on the table, other hand managed to support her jaw.

Eyes stared into nothingness, breath steady. The only thing her mind was capable of restoring was the fact, she messed up a crime scene. Wrecking it. Hoping that what she had done, what she had been planning, succeeded.

She couldn't count the words that had flown inside her mind, saying will she make it towards framing. There were many questions regarding the topic, will they catch Tanner's print? will they discover Samuel's print? or maybe both of them have been recognized on the crime scene.

There Rachel sped up her fingers, swept through the mahogany table in front of her. Breathing rapidly as the speed increased. Then stopped after slammed her hand on it. Her eyes blanked, anxiety streaked, the cup of coffee which the entire time caught her nose spilled. Bracing the liquid on Rachel's very grasp.

Then her eyes twitched after everything went black, her pupils got bigger knowing that there was so little of light now inside her domain. She sighed and stood up, walking towards the kitchen and spoke with her usual sarcastic tone of a woman. "I can't see in the dark like you can Tanner"

A devilish giggle was heard from across the living room. The light went back on when the figure's shoulder shrugged. He said "Aw you're no fun" with a tone of an annoying child. Rachel rolled her eyes, coming back to the table where her coffee has been spilled.

"Seeing as you already here, i might as well bring up some news" she said as her both hands on her hip.

Tanner tilted his head, with still both hands on his back. Rachel didn't realize her heart were pounding so quickly. She calmed her breathing slowly, taking a deep breath then said "Bad news is, your place have been discovered". He raised a brow, and put a finger on his chin "Oh? How unfortunate" he replied.

Tanner's POV
The first thing i expected from her was this, of course. However i must admit the place i had made for a 'mandatory escape pod' was a little out of the slack. She was useful in a way, but now i can't think of a reason of why i should give her another chance to see the daylight. I put out a shocking face and approached her, grabbed her hand to reassure her.

"Oh no, im busted am i?" i whimpered. Maybe this is bad. I hadn't thought of removing any print on that place. I even didn't even thought about getting discovered considering the spot of the place. "I, did something that would hopefully, get you undiscovered" she looked at my eyes.

That look. Yes, i've seen it. The look of every victim that i've used. The look where they all will eventually have them broken themselves. Eyes twitched and i raised a brow, "Really?".

She smiled and replied, "I'm not sure it would work, but i have faith" she tighten the held on my hand, i grinned happily and asked "Well then, aren't you going to tell me your plan?". Both of my hands reached her cheeks, i could see she was flustered enough to slapped both of it. I chuckled and couldn't help but laugh at her. What a shame those feeling would get you nothing out of me i thought.

She walked up to her couch and sit, she was a little trembled when i noticed. I buckled up beside her and leaned back. "So, when i visited Luna at the hospital, an FBI agent i know came to visit. Shit got a little out of hand when i threatened him by saying i would frame him for rape, so i put his hand on my, sensitive part-" after those words came out of her mouth, i quickly cut her off by saying "What?!".

"Hey i'm not finished, calm your tits"

"Oho kinky" i responded, she rolled her eyes then continued "As i was saying, your 'sacred' place then was found by a deputy. Your prints was technically on board the evidence, but i came up with a plan. And that, was planting Samuel's print, AKA the FBI agent on top of you prints".