10 : Lost thoughts

Rachel graduated on the top of her class when she was 24 years old, since it was 4 years ago, she have had many experience on cases. Her motto was that she will vanquish all evil in her home town. She was planning from the very beginning that if she caught the most wanted criminal in her area of home sweet home, she travel far away and live in other town who has a wanted criminal on the lose too. More like search and hunt. All her life she couldn't imagine anything in the future of her planning besides vengeance, justice, and possibly retirement. Of course, her mind was pretty shallow. Couldn't think of anything other than her goals. She never thought about the life of a young adult. Travelling, social gatherings, even a love life. Until Tanner arrived. If she can be honest about the date that she and Marcus had attended, it would be too cruel. Because deep down, she just didn't want to break his heart. Moreover she just wanted to freshen up her thoughts from the many reports she had on her desk, and some bonus from Tanner had to add for covering him up.

Weird thing was, his aura hit different. Rachel felt like she see something different in him, not like any other people would have. Obviously other than the sweet and charming face he has, completed with the hair and a well-fit body. Although she admitted that he was quite admirable on the looks, no wonder women easily fell to be his victim. There she live, with her feelings already twisted by a psychotic chemist.

She went to work, as usual by morning. She stopped by at a nearby coffee shop to order a usual. "Hi welcome to- oh hello Miss Colton!" the voice from the speaker greeted her. Seemed like Rachel was already being recognized seeing as she went there often. "Hi honey, can i get my usual and a chocolate chip cookie?" Rachel asked.

"Iced espresso with double extra shots, and a side of chocolate chip cookie it is! You can wait in the next window Miss"

"Thank you"

Some time passed and she has her order received. Rachel drove off to the precinct. Sipping her favorite drink, instantly have her eyes widened. The caffeine stroke her body like a wave hitting a shore. Her tongue licked her upper lips and back inside her mouth. Took a bite on her soft-warm cookie. Her rolled her window down, the breezing wind made her blonde hair swept to the back. Her eyes gazed the sidewalk, not many people were out. Pretty cautious by the situation. She remembered the time when she was young, there used to be a lot of stands selling all kinds of things. All kinds of food and drinks. Now, she just notice just one or two stands. Selling newspaper and disposable drinks. Rachel cornered a frown, missed the moment where her family was still complete. There was a stand she and her twin often to visit, there sold some cotton candies. Nathan always picked the pink one, while Rachel laughed at him for being too 'girly'.

"Pink are for girls Nathan" David said to his son. Keith elbowed him then knelt in front of her son. "You can choose any color you like my boy" she said to him, he giggled and ran to Rachel. She grinned widely, "Pink again?!" she exclaimed.

"Yes, it's the closest to red"

"Why do you want red?" she asked in curiosity.

"It represents justice!" he ran off while holding up the candy upward towards the air, Rachel laughed and chased after her twin.

Rachel didn't realize she zoned out of her consciousness, she shooked her head and blinked a few times. No tears ran down. Maybe some people would ask why, but she decided to smile. She knew that those precious moments didn't leave her memories, so she was happy it happened.

*****

She stepped outside her car and went inside the building, only to be greeted by a deputy who was rushing outside the building. "Ah detective, just in time" the deputy greeted. "Yes, do you need my assistance?"