9 : Appointment

Rachel rushed to the hospital entrance, she sprinted towards the stairway, avoiding to wait in the elevator. When she arrived at the VIP room, she was gasping for air. Spun her head to land her eyes on her bestfriend, Oh my god- Luna-" she rested her hand on hers. Luna noticed someone grabbed her hand, she spun her head slowly to look at the figure. "Hey...Rachel..." she smirked. Even though her body was very weak, she managed to give some effort to give some signs to her friend.

"How are you feeling? Are you alright? Do you have any heavy injuries? How many fingers am i holding-"

"I believe that's enough questioning for the patient, Detective" a voice broke the worrying sound of Rachel, she turned around just to see the person who took the BBK's case from her. Samuel.

"I'm sorry who are you? Can i not worry about my friend?" Rachel crossed her arms on her chest, furrowed her brows.

"You should let her rest"

She peeked at her friend, her gaze became sorrow. She felt very guilty, for not being at her home that time. If only she was there, she could've stopped that kidnapper. Lucky Luna put up a good fight to get away, even though she had to go past that traumatic bruises she had received. Rachel sighed, decided to play his game. This time. "By the way, Detective, my superiors had detected your devices. They said it contained some history of clues regarding the Blue Blood killer" he opened a conversation, looking out towards the wide window. Rachel cornered a stare, didn't reply.

Shit, i forgot they have the authorities with that. She thought.

"I thought i have mentioned that you've been dismissed from the case-"

"Whether I'm assigned to the case, or not, it's not your call to stop me on my work. It literally goes by the name, 'Detective'. They find clues of whatever the fuck they want on a certain unsolved problem" she cut him off, did a sign with her finger to explain. He slicked his hair sideways and smirked, "You really are a stubborn woman" he replied.

"Maybe that's why i became a Detective, rather than an agent who took people's cases of their asses"

"How mean"

"I'll take it as a compliment"

"You know i could file you a report about this behaviour Detective Colton"

"Go ahead, it won't change anything seeing as my disciplinary folder already looks like a fucking novel"

He chuckled, "You do have a sense of humor don't you?" he asked. Rachel squinted her eyes, sitting beside Luna, she tidied up the blanket on her. She spun her head to Samuel, "If you don't have any business here, i suggest you take off" she stated. He raised a brow and approached her, just a few steps then said "Hm? Care to tell why?".

She pointed towards the door. Instantly, he spun his head. Nothing was there, suddenly Rachel was already in front of him and grabbed his hand quickly putting it on the middle of her chest. His eyes widened, but he couldn't pull away with Rachel's hand still holding it at the place. "Because of this" she smirked.

His face became red, "W-wh-" he stuttered. Rachel's stare became sharp, it's like the darkness in her came raging out. "Stand in my way on the case again, and I'll fucking frame you for trying to rape me" she didn't even blink when she said that. He hesitantly opened his mouth to say "H-how-", while suddenly Rachel's other hand grabbed his other hand and put it on her side of her butt. "Silly Agent Parton, they can check my clothes that have your prints all over on the sensitive area. Wow imagine the years you have to spend in jail? Not to mention an FBI agent. Must be a downfall to your reputation, am i correct?" he quickly pulled away his hands and stepped back, he scoffed in the way of 'well-played'and took off. Leaving Rachel with a victorious smile. "Yeah, run along pussy" she mumbled.

She sit back on the chair, looking at Luna and put some of her hair on the back of her ear. She smiled and looked at her wristwatch, she hummed in silence then stared at the window. A flash of Tanner's face appeared on her mind, she wondered does he really feel love. Despite all the killing, torturing, and possibly eating women that he had lured with his, charming yet very unconditional facial features. She blushed then shooked her head very quickly, trying to blur out his figure inside her mind.

"Damn it" she exclaimed in whisper.

Tanner's POV
It was like always that the room's atmosphere here are, quite irrational. I turned the lighter and spark a little sprinkle of flame on a cigarette, putting it on my mouth with, sucking all the pleasure feelings. I don't like waiting. It's just so irritating to waste such precious time on doing nothing.

"Vuck this" was all that i heard after a man barged in the room, when i spun my head around i see the figure of my one and only rival. Dimitri. I can already tell it was him by the strong, decent accent. "That voman was strong" he exclaimed.

"Who" i asked

"Youngman" he answered, i couldn't help but to laugh at his answer.

"Seriously? Did she kick you on the balls or something?" i said while having a mocking side of face.

"Haha vunny, you know vhat's more vunny? Vhen i take your girlvriend's body and ship her to asia"

I put out my cigarette but nudging it on the tray, widened my eyes as i stood up. Grabbed him upwards by the collar, "You touch her and I'll cut off your dick" i snickered.

"Enough"

A voice came inside the room, looking at the source i see a tall man with short and neatly tidied black hair. The man who i was waiting for this past hours. Adam. I released Dimitri and back to my usual and casual self, sitting down properly, followed by Adam.

"About the deal" he mentioned, i smirked and handed him the folder containing the information he had asked about a couple of people. He opened it and took a glance, there were a couple of pages. He nodded and closed it back. Dimitri was a little curious, but when he took a peak i can tell Adam didn't like it. Felt bothered, he scuffed the folder away from his sight. I chuckled looking at the dumb russian kidnapper, he's just too absurd. "Pleasure doing business with you, Doctor" Adam handed out a medium sized brown paper bag, i reached out to it and opened it while saying "You know I'm starting to get annoyed with people calling me that".

I landed my eyes inside the bag, that contained lots and lots of cash. I smirked and closed it back. "You dress like one, sound like one, act like one. Vhat do you expect?" Dimitri stated. I just rolled my eyes and said "Well I'm not calling you a bitch despite you're acting as such am i?".

Adam chuckled while stopping Dimitri with both of his palm fisted, "Anyway Tanner, how is your plan with the Detective?" Adam asked. I put both of my hands on the back of my neck, "Far from my expectations, i never realized she was easy enough be manipulated" i released a wide grin on my face, proudly.

To be continued
Oof, what a plot twist. Anyway guys i hope you enjoyed! Oh and i just wanted you all to know that I'll be continuing this book even when i went hiatus for a while. 'If' though. Stay tuned for more!