Chapter 8. My father......is a Vampire?

Time goes on and days go by since Narika and Caspian had their first child together. Silver was growing up perfectly and became an obedient, loyal and loving son. Silver loved to spend every moment he could with his parents and still learn about being a vampire like his father and Narika was ok with that. News has spread across town that a new prince lived at the castle and everyone seemed excited. All except for one man who hid in the shadows.  "So......my daughter found her place and had a child. How exciting. Guess I better go see this grandchild of mine" The man walks out of the shadows and made his way to the castle. Back at the castle Silver was sitting in the garden with his mother and learning about her special roses. "Mother what kind of roses are these?" She smiles and explains to him. "Well Silver these are Blood Roses. You pluck a petal from the rose and you put it in your mouth. Here I'll show you" She plucks a petal and holds it up to Silver's mouth and he was curious and opens his mouth then she placed the petal on his tongue and it melted sending a surge of sweetness down his throat and he shivered. "Wow that's amazing mother. I still have a lot to learn about being a vampire like dad" He rests his head on her lap and she smiles as she rubs his head gently.

"Now Silver you can be any kind of vampire

"Now Silver you can be any kind of vampire. Just not one that kills for fun" Silver nuzzles against her. "I would never kill anyone mother. I love humans and other vampires. I won't become a monster like dad did like you told me. I'll be kind just like you and him" Narika smiles and held him close. "No matter what you do you'll always be my son Silver" Silver smiles and hugs her. "I love you mother. I'll never leave you and dad. This is my home forever" Narika hugs him then senses something. "Silver go inside right now. And get me your father" Silver nods and runs inside as Narika stands up and looked around. "Who's here? Show yourself" Just then the man showed up. "Is that anyway to greet your father Narika?" Narika stood there confused. "My father? I don't remember having a father" The man leans against a tree.

"Oh? You don't remember me? Now that's just sad Narika" Narika's eyes widen when she saw him

"Oh? You don't remember me? Now that's just sad Narika" Narika's eyes widen when she saw him. "Wait a minute.....the red and black hair.....Dad? Is it really you?" Her father nods. "Yes Narika It is I. I finally found you after so long. And look at you so different and grown up. My my times have changed" Caspian comes running out and tackles the man. "Who are you and what do you want with Narika!" Narika pulls him off. "Caspian its ok. This is my father" Caspian looks at her. "Your father? But you told me before you didn't have a father. Please tell me your not lying to me" She shook her head and was being honest. "I'm serious Caspian I didn't know I had a father. I was told I was alone all my life" She looks at her father. "If your my father then why didn't you want me?" Her father explains. "Now listen Narika. I loved you but I couldn't let you know the truth about me so I had to send you away" She tilts her head confused. "The truth about you? Why must people always hide secrets from me? I hate that!" Silver hugs his mom and nuzzles her to calm her down. "Mother please calm down" She sighs. "Sorry Silver. Go on father" He sighs and moves his hair out of his face. "Alright I'll tell you the truth. Narika I'm actually a vampire myself" Narika was shocked by this and fell backwards luckily Caspian caught her. "My father.....is a vampire? But how?" He sighs and tries to tell her. "You have no idea how hard it was to keep you Narika. I had to give you up for your safety. Why do you think you were born a human and not full vampire like your husband here. Now you know the truth" Narika was furious and ran past her father and shoves him away and he sighs. "I had no choice to give her up. It was best to let her grow up alone. It pained me to give her up" Caspian thinks while watching Narika run. "That's like what my father did with me. But instead I ran away from him and found my own life with her. And now she's my wife. Human or not I love her. She's a halfing and that's good enough for me. Silver go follow her and try to cheer her up" Silver nods and runs after his mother. "As for you vampire just what is your name?" He looks at him. "Forgive me my name is Delrun. Thank you for giving her a future. She must be lucky to have you as a husband. And a prince of that" Caspian nods. "I make her happy whenever she feels upset. I don't like seeing her upset. Especially right now. Our son Silver knows how to make her smile" Silver finds his mother sitting by a river and crying. He walks over to her and sat in her arms and cuddles her. "Mother please don't cry. It will ruin your beauty. Please no crying" She wipes her eyes. "Sorry Silver. I just can't believe my father is a vampire this whole time and had to give me up. Of all times he had to show up now and tell me everything" Silver rubs his head against her chest. "I'm sure he'll make it up to you mother. I want to give grandfather a chance. Can you give him one to?" She looks down at him and she thinks. "Well......." Silver begs and begs her to give him a chance. "Alright Silver I'll give him one chance. That's all he gets" Silver smiles and hugs her tightly. "Thank you mother. Come on let's go back home" She nods and returns to the castle with him then talked with her father and he agreed to follow their rules and orders. "Narika I'm truly sorry for your past and what you went through" She nods to him. "Its ok. I'm actually glad I was alone because someone found me" She rests her head against Caspian's chest. "I was lucky to meet Caspian. He changed my life and made me half vampire. Now here we are as a family with our son Silver" Silver rests against his dad's chest as well and smiles. "My parents are the best. I wouldn't trade them for anything" Delrun smiles. "Well at least I finally have a grandchild. I'm happy for you Narika. You really came a long way and found your future on your own" Narika smiles as she holds Silver. "I guess I did get pretty far on my own without you dad. This is my life now" Jumin walks in and stood by Narika. "Oh? Narika is this your servant?" Narika shook her head. "No dad this is Jumin my vampire butler. He takes care of everything for us" Jumin bows. "I only serve the prince and princess and the young prince. I to am a vampire. But I never strike unless I'm told to" He fixes his glasses. "I to protect Lady Narika from danger. I helped her when she was burned from sunlight before she left Caspian and knowing the truth about him" Delrun looks at Narika. "You didn't know he was a vampire Narika?" She sighs and shook her head. "Nope they kept it a secret from me since I started dating Caspian. But then I forgave him after I saved him from the Blood Moon" Delrun was surprised. "You stopped him from that! Nobody can stop a vampire from a Blood Moon" Caspian held Narika close. "Well this one saved me then she continued to be with me until we got married. Now I have a family with her" He buries his face in her neck and bites it gently. "I'll never let her go again. She's mine for eternity" Narika blushes as her father smiles. "Well I'm happy for you both. Narika may I speak with you alone please" Narika nods and goes with her father and talks with him.