10| Choices

«Come, quick.»

I followed her to a nearby nurse who looked at me in shock. She was a newbie, I deduced, since everyone else seemed pretty accostumed to anything related to blood, scars and self-harming in general.

My arm hurt, the cut stung and continued to bleed mercilessly. My head grew heavy and my eyes went almost black.

«Doctor Staple... I don't feel so good.»

Ellie gazed at me worriedly, I could tell, but her expression was firm, almost poker-faced. I dissapointed her, she must be so angry at me, I thought.

~●~

«Do you want to be helped, y/n?»

I glanced at my arm, where the cut couldn't be seen because of the bandages wrapping it.

I didn't reply to her question. Did I? Did I really want to be helped or did I not? I didn't know. Sometimes I felt like even if I had been helped, nothing would have changed.

She sighed, looking down at her crossed arms.

«I can't help you if you don't want to be helped. I can't do something if that something goes against your will.»

I continued to be silent, avoiding her gaze.

«I can tell you how to kill yourself without feeling any pain or I could help you by giving you more medication. The choice is yours.»

I looked at her in disbelief. If she wanted me dead, then what was the point of living? I grew so attached to her and her spoken words cut deep into me, leaving me bleeding.

I gulped, my throat dry. Tears started accumulating in my eye sockets and oh, how I wanted to cry in that moment. But that would have made me weak and I was weak for too long.

A single tear ran down my cheek and I left it running.

Her poker face left me unable to see any emotion she might have been feeling.

I guess that's it, I guess that's the end.

«Tell me.»