11| Suicide

A smile curled Ellie's perfect and plump lips.

«Give me a good reason and I'll tell you.»

A good reason. A good reason to die. Was there one? Was there a reason I should die? I could think of many but none seemed good enough.

«I can't take it anymore. Life. It hurts.»

I said, a tear running on my cheek.

«That's not a good reason. I think you mis-think life as pain when life is so much more than that.»

I looked at her and wanted to cry more and I did, my cheeks flushed red while tears streamed down my face.

«I won't let you die.»

She said. I thought about those words while going to my room.

I looked in my small wardrobe and found a bag. Must have been there by mistake. I took it and immediately I closed myself in the bathroom. I put the bag on my head and tied it so that I couldn't breath.

I won't let you die. That's a thing only I could do. A decision only I could make. And I did.

Slowly my breaths were quicker, my lung gasping for more air. Then all went black.

Is that what it will be? All black? The nothingess steetched out miles and miles away? No light? No God?

Suddenly I felt at peace, I felt calm.

I heard screaming. Someone found me, the door of the bathroom opening fastly.

«Take the plastic off! Quick!»

They tried to take the bag off my head but couldn't. They tried several times before they undid the knot and took the thing off.

«Is she breathing?»

I wasn't. By then I was dead.

Ellie looked at my corpse with tears in her eyes.

I won't let you die.

But there I was. Dead and cold.