1

third person

"can i have my soda back? i payed for it." sandy asks as she looked at sodapop, her boyfriend, who shakes his head and continues to keep the soda can further away from her. she didn't do anything wrong for him to not give her the soda can, he just loved teasing her.

"how badly do you want your soda back?" sodapop asks his girlfriend, who was getting tired of this stupid game he seems to always be playing.

"pretty badly." she states. "please, sodapop."

"fine." he sighs. he places the soda can on the counter and lifts his girlfriend up and swings her around. "i'm here."

"very funny, sodapop." she groans, getting out of his grip. sodapop gives her a quick peck on the lips when the door to the DX opens.

"i can come back later." tatum, sodapop's best friend for ten years, says as she walks into the service station.

"nah, you're good, tate." sodapop tells his best friend.

"i should get going." sandy tells sodapop.

"aw, why?" sodapop asks sandy.

"i told my mother i would help her with dinner." sandy lies.

"it's only three-fifteen." tatum states.

"it's an early dinner." sandy replies to tatum.

"oh okay. bye sandy." tatum says, but sandy is already out the door. tatum sighs and takes the unopened soda can sandy left on the counter.

"what's wrong, tate?" sodapop asks his best friend.

"she doesn't like me." tatum replies.

"what makes you think that?" sodapop asks.

"i don't think it, i know it. she hates when i'm around you. maybe i need to leave you guys alone sometimes." tatum says, saddened by the thought of not being around her best friend because of a stupid girl.

"she'll have to deal with it, because she's not gonna tear our friendship apart." sodapop smiles.

"thanks, soda." tatum fakes a smile.

"anything for my best friend." sodapop smiles, pulling tatum into one of his big warm hugs.

a/n

i need a friendship like tatum & sodapop :,)