4

third person

sodapop carefully and quietly walks into tatum's house. tatum's parents aren't home, so if tatum wakes up, she'll probably kill the first person she sees in her house. aka sodapop. sodapop approaches tatum's bedroom. which is covered in polaroids of her and her friends.

"wake up, tate!" sodapop screams, whacking tatum with a pillow. "today's our day!"

"go away! wake me up tomorrow!" tatum groans, too tired to wake up.

"but then our day together will be over." sodapop whines.

"that's the point." tatum chuckles.

"you bit-" sodapop says before getting cut off by tatum.

"watch it! you're still a child." tatum laughs.

"yeah, yeah whatever." sodapop says laying down next to his best friend. tatum gets up and picks her outfit out for the day. she chooses a red checkered flannel, jeans and black converse.

"let's go." tatum says, pulling sodapop up from his position.

----

"so anyway, steve is passed out on the floor and two-bit is screaming at the birds because they were 'talking behind his back'." sodapop tells tatum.

"were they drunk?" tatum asks.

"that's the thing! neither one of them had any beer." sodapop laughs. "oh! and two-bit ended up holding the bird against its will!"

"i think his parents dropped him on his head a few times." tatum joked.

"maybe. anyway, where do you wanna go first?" sodapop asks.

"i dunno. the football field?" tatum suggests.

"uh... why? you don't like football." sodapop says.

"it was just a suggestion. or... the drag race area?" tatum suggests.

"yes! let's go!" sodapop says, excitedly, grabbing tatum's arm and running to the drag race area.

a/n

this chapter was boring, sorry. next chapter will be better! i promise :)