16

third person

as sodapop set out to find tatum, tatum knew to avoid any places sodapop is heading. thanks to ponyboy, tatum knows that sodapop is trying to find her. so, tatum decided to head for the hills, with the help of sandy.

"thanks for coming with me, sandy." tatum smiles.

"no problem." sandy smiles back.

"dally gave me a gun. why? i don't know. i had to pay him to keep his trap shut. he probably needed the money to pay buck back." tatum chuckles to herself.

"it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case." sandy laughs.

"yeah, me neither." tatum replies.

"do you think he'll find us in the hills?" sandy asks.

"i doubt it. i only discovered a certain place in the hills after the argument." tatum replies.

"how long will we be there for?" sandy asks.

"i dunno. until he moves on, i guess." tatum responds.

"he's very attached to you." sandy says.

"well i like it better when him and i were just friends." tatum states.

"answer this question honestly, okay?" sandy says.

"alright." tatum responds.

"out of all your greaser friends, which one would you date and why?" sandy asks.

"steve." tatum replies with no hesitation.

sandy drops her mouth open and asks, "why?"

"i dunno. he's really cute and he has a big heart." tatum replies.

"do you have a crush on steve?" sandy asks.

"yes... no... i don't know." tatum replies. "i couldn't date him even if i wanted to."

"why not?" sandy asks.

"first of all, he's sodapop's best friend, and that would be harsh to date his best friend. second of all, he has evie, she's everything he needs." tatum states.

"well, sodapop broke your heart, so you go break his like he did to you." sandy says.

"like karma?" tatum questions.

"exactly like karma. and steve and evie, steve would be dumb as a horse-" sandy says as tatum cuts her off.

"dumb as horse." tatum chuckles, repeating what sandy said.

"what?" sandy asks.

"ponyboy's a horse." tatum chuckles, earning a laugh from sandy.

"anyway, as i was saying, before you interrupted me, steve would be as dumb as horse to not see how perfect you are." sandy tells tatum.

"there's no such thing as perfect." tatum states.

"that'll be what steve thinks too until he notices you as a love interest." sandy replies. "so... you gonna go date steve?"

"only because i like steve more than a friend. not because i want to hurt sodapop." tatum replies.

"yeah, yeah, whatever you say." sandy responds, disagreeing with what tatum just said.

a/n

well that took a turn.

also, i'm simping so hard for rob lowe atm.