18

tatum's pov

i'm just another DX girl. that's all sodapop thinks of me. he doesn't think of me as a best friend, not even an acquaintance. he even said i was a whore. that must've been a hint on me being a DX girl. they only wanted sodapop for his looks, not his personality. i was dumb enough to date a douchebag. and sandy, don't even get me started on her. how could i be so dumb letting them both back into my life? i'm such an idiot.

"no you're not." ponyboy says, look at me.

"i said all of that out loud?" i ask.

"yup." ponyboy replies, popping the 'p'.

"i'm sorry you had to hear me rant."

"don't sweat it." ponyboy smiles. "and soda's a jerk if he said that about you."

"he's your brother."

"well, i've got a jerk as a brother then. lucky me."

"where's johnny?"

"with dally."

"where's dally?"

"i dunno."

"oh okay."

"why did soda call you a whore?"

"'cause i kissed steve."

"why steve?"

"why not?"

"do you have a crush on steve?"

"no, i don't have a crush on steve, i just kissed him for the sake of it. god dang it, ponyboy! i thought you were smart."

"calm your farm."

"shut up, farm animal."

"hey! that was harsh."

"that's the whole point." i nudge ponyboy's shoulder gently. "where're you going anyway?"

"to get a new switch. damn soc's broke the blade."

"i- how?"

"damned if i knew."

----

steve's pov

"i can't believe you!" sodapop yells at me.

"what?" i ask.

"don't ask me what! you know exactly what i'm talking about! your tongue down tate's throat."

"don't call her tate. only her friends can call her that, and i could bet ya that she wouldn't wanna be your friend no more!"

"why'd you kiss her anyway?"

"she kissed me first."

"that doesn't answer my question."

"i kissed her because i love her, unlike some people."

"ugh."

"and i don't call her another DX girl, because she's more than that. you're just to blind to see that."

"i was drunk when i said that!"

"bullshit! you never drink! and what about when you mentioned ethan to her, telling her she should get ethan to put you in your place?"

"i was pissed at her about sandy!"

"she was worried for you! she didn't want you to get hurt! but you never get hurt, you're the happy-go-lucky sodapop curtis everyone except me and tatum love."

"fuck you, steve! and fuck her too!"

"with pleasure," i retorted

"lay a hand on her and i'll beat you to the core."

"adios amigos!" i say as i walk out of the DX.

a/n

happy 72nd birthday to sodapop patrick curtis, ily even tho i made you an asshole in this chapter. sorry bb :( i still love you tho <3