15

third person

ever since tatum and sodapop broke up, the gang, mainly steve and two-bit, have been trying to get tatum to speak to sodapop. tatum has been threatening to burn two-bit's mickey mouse singlet, and stealing steve's chocolate cake if they don't leave her alone.

"hey, tate." sandy smiles, skipping over to tatum.

"hey, sand." tatum smiles back.

"that nickname is insulting." sandy pouts.

"yeah? so is 'tate.'" tatum replies.

"how?" sandy asks.

"sodapop used to call me that." tatum answers.

"oh damn, sorry." sandy says.

"it's fine. let's go to the nightly double." tatum suggests.

"do we have to? sodapop took me there. let's find our own place." sandy suggests.

"that sounds great." tatum smiles.

"that's because it is." sandy chuckles.

----

"why didn't i just break up with sandy? why didn't i just be honest with the both of them? happy-go-lucky sodapop curtis isn't so happy or lucky right now." sodapop complains.

"i don't care about your problems so don't talk to me about them." dally says.

"i just wanna disappear." sodapop groans, getting an idea. "DISAPPEAR! THAT'S THE ANSWER!"

"i'm so confused." ponyboy says.

"if i disappear, tatum will be worried and she'll wanna find me and then she'll love me again!" sodapop yells, excitedly.

"first of all, she'll probably celebrate your disappearance. secondly, finding you is the last thing she'll wanna do. lastly, i highly doubt she'll want to love you again, even if it's just as a friend." ponyboy explains.

"i guess we'll have to find out." sodapop smiles, running out the door.

"wait! where are you go-?" ponyboy asks, just a tad too late. "great, we don't even know where he'll be."

a/n

can someone please recommend me some st. elmo's fire books to read.

oh, and also, it's my last week of school! woohoo!