➳ part three

[A/N: sorry i updated late, i was camping]

:3:
A few weeks have passed since Y/N's arrival, and they had quickly begun their task at building Tamaki's self confidence.
"What di-d I do to ups-set you..." Tamaki croaked
"Oh c'mon Tamaki, you know we're trying to help you!" Y/N exclaimed, Mirio nodded in agreement.
Tamaki just sighed. They were currently at a karaoke bar (minus the alcohol). Y/N had forced Tamaki up onto the stage, tossed the mic into his trembling hands and went back over to Mirio in the audience. They watched as he awkwardly chose a song to sing. The music began playing, shortly followed by Tamaki joining in. Y/N watched as he softly sang. He was a stuttering mess up there, fumbling over the lyrics like no tomorrow-that she expected. But he was a cute mess, which caused their eyebrows to raise slightly and their brain to begin questioning why their heart began beating faster. That, they did not expect, however. They admired his indigo coloured locks and the way his eyes constantly looked at a member of the audience for only a short second before moving onto the next, back and forth. These thoughts clouded over, and they forgot about the present and continues questioning these newly arrived, strange, yet somewhat familiar feelings they just now began experiencing.
"Mirio, hey!" A voice called out. Y/N turns around, hearing the sound of footsteps, awakening from their daydreaming and turns to see a rather small girl walking towards them. They took note of her short pink/peachy hair and her school uniform-it was different from U.A.'s. (I'm imagining Sayori if you're looking for some ideas of what she'd look like).
"Akane, hey! Tamaki didn't tell us you were coming" Mirio said, looking back at YN apologetically. Not understanding the look he was giving her, she pushed it aside.
"That's because he doesn't know I'm coming, ehehe~" Akane giggles
"Oh! This is Y/N, my sibling"
"Nice to meet you, Y/N! I'm Akane, Tamaki's girlfriend"
Y/N's eyes widened, thank goodness the room was dark enough that no one noticed, as her eyes went back to Tamaki.
'Girlfriend? He's never brought her up before... Yeah, I never asked, but I thought that he'd bring it up during our meetings or even during casual talk... dammit Y/N, why now of all times are you beginning to feel this way? Sure you liked him when you were younger, but that was just an innocent childhood crush!' Y/N sighs to themself, Mirio notices this, guilt rising for not having told them yet about Tamaki's significant other.
The song comes to an end, Tamaki quickly flees the stage, darting towards his friends.
"Babe, you were great up there!" Akane exclaimed, running into his arms.
"A-Akane? What are you doing here?" Tamaki asks
"I came here to support you, silly"
"Oh, well, thank you. Y-Y/N, I'm assuming you were introduced. This is my girlfriend, Akane. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I couldn't find the right time and wanted to tell you as a friend, not my counselor" Tamaki said
'That's okay, how long have you guys been together" Y/N asked. They put all previous thoughts aside and went with the supportive best friend role for the couple.
"Around four months" Akane said, leaning against Tamaki.
As the night carried on, Y/N watched Akane's behaviour towards Tamaki, looking for a reason to dislike her. They noticed how patient and kind she was, and the way they looked at each other.
Y/N smiled a sad smile at no one in particular, and tuned back into Akane telling the story of how they met, Tamaki chiming in every once in a while as they held hands.
'He's happy"

a/n: oof.
leave a vote, a comment, add to your library/reading list, etc :D