➳ kindergarten boyfriend (special)

a/n: i've had this song stuck in my head for a while so why not write a songfic special
also please give me some sort of feedback this took me around 2hours to write!! please don't be a silent reader!!

Y/N sat at their desk in their bedroom, going over files when they came across Tamaki's

"there was a boy i met in kindergarten he was sweet, he said that i was smart"

Y/N smiled, opening the folder and began looking through his progress over the past few months.

"he was good at sports and people liked him and at naptime once we shared a mat"

They looked back on a flashback from their childhood years. It was right after lunch.

Age 6

"Okay friends, it's time to settle down to rest. Find a mat and a buddy." Their teacher had called out as they were putting their lunch boxes into their cubbies. Tamaki shyly walked over to the h/c-ette and tapped on their shoulder.

"Oh, hey Tamaki!" They waved

"H-Hey,, do- do you h-have a buddy yet?" He stuttered

"No, not yet. Do you?" Y/N asked

"No, I was wondering if we could, actually..." Tamaki looked down

"Okay!" Y/N exclaimed, interrupting Tamaki's conscious thoughts that had begun flooding his mind directly after he stopped talking. He looked up, surprised with their response.

"C'mon!" Y/N said, dragging him by hand to the mat area.

"i didn't sleep, i sat and watched him breathing watched him dream for nearly half an hour

then he woke up"

Y/N remembered staring at the way his hair slightly covered his closed eyes, how his mouth was somewhat opened. The sunlight shone through the window onto his sleeping frame.

"he pulled a scab off one time playing kickball kissed me quick, then pressed it in my hand i took that scab and put it in a locket all year long i wore it near my heart"

Age 9

"Tamaki!" Y/N gasped, water causing their clothes to cling onto them. They turned to face the boy who stood on the balcony above them. He didn't respond, he only began to let out a soft laugh. Y/N's eyes widened, knowing how rare that laugh of his was.

(a/n: i changed it up because i wasn't sure how to write the original lyrics to fit his personality lol)

"he didn't care if i was thin or pretty and he was mine until we hit first grade

then he woke up"

Age 12

"Hey, Tamaki?" Y/N called out. Tamaki raised his head up above the ds he had been playing.

"Hm?"

"What do you think of this?" Y/N asked, walking closer and spinning around in a small circle, showing off their outfit. Her family had an important dinner with her father's work supervisor, and wanted Tamaki's thoughts on their. outfit.