➳ part five

a/n: we're nearing the end of this book you guys🥺🥺 (also mari if you're reading this please don't punch me in the face for the song choice </333) also warning this has lewd humour, teen+ recommended but feel free to read if desired

Another few weeks passed. Tamaki is with his mother at the market when he spots a recipe for Y/N's favourite dessert growing up.

"I wonder what Y/N would think if I were to..." Tamaki trails off, muttering to himself while holding the package.

"What was that?" His mother asks. Poking her head out from the aisle behind him. He jumps in shock, face reddening.

"N-Nothing, mom!" He flails his arms around to put it back, almost dropping it in the process.

"Did you want to bake something?" His mother asks, noticing the dessert batter he held

"O-oh, it's nothing" Tamaki places the box back on the shelf and speed walks to catch up with his mother. (no treats for you 😿😿)

Looking back on it as he walked over, this had been an often occurrence lately. His mind had been going back to a certain h/c-ette, thinking about their thoughts about something, etc. He kept going back to the ski trip. He hated thinking this and would never admit it out loud-but he enjoyed it-or more than he should've. He had a girlfriend, so why did his heart flutter at the mention of someone else's name? Oh right. Akane. His girlfriend. Not Y/N. Yet, why did he think more about them than his own girlfriend-or someone other than his girlfriend in general? Our elf eared boy had no clue, but tried his best to push those thoughts away when they came up-which was more than he'd love to admit.

It was as if he began taking more note of what Y/N would do nowadays. He saw that when they were extremely focused on something, their tongue would poke out slightly, how they would tuck their hair behind their ear when they were nervous, sometimes followed by hiding their hands to have it be behind their back or pockets-when they had them at least. All small, but cute tendencies he picked up on and only thought more about as the days went on.

'What's going on??!!' Tamaki thought as he almost burnt down the kitchen one evening, getting distracted from the noodles on the burner. (hnndsfj craving ramen rbn)

That same evening in the Togata house, the doorbell rang. Knowing they were home alone, the recent events clouding their mind, the worried about the possibility of the person at the door being a psychotic murderer, they ran into Mirio's room to grab something. They came back less than a minute later and slowly opened the door, bat at the ready in their other hand.

...

It was the mail man.

Y/N flung the bat away, which they got a strange book at from the man in uniform, but he didn't question it. 'Great, another psychopath.' he thought.

"Good evening. Here's your mail. Have a great rest of your night." The older man said, holding out a few envelopes.

Y/N thanked him, taking the envelopes and quickly shut the door, sighing and cringing at how they could no longer get the mail at how they embarrassed themself in front of him.

Y/N was in their room reading the envelope that had been addressed to them. Everyone was back home, so they felt a big sense of serenity, knowing no psychopaths would sell their soul to a sexy demon today (maybe tomorrow). For the most part they breezed through the letter, until their eyes came across something that caused their eyes to animatedly jump out of their sockets like they did in that cat and mouse show back from when them and Mirio were younger.

Not caring that it was 11pm at this point, they RAN out of her room and burst into Mirio's room. He was laying on his bed, computer on his lap. He had earbuds in, and his head was thrown back. He had a blanket covering the majority of his body, so it took them a moment to realize what was going on.

"MIRIO TOGATA WHAT THE F-"

"Y/N WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE-"

Lots of yelling. Even grandma joined in at one point. Let's never speak of that again.

After a maybe solid 5 minutes, Mirio had his computer closed and hands out of his pants, and grandma had stopped screaming bloody murder.

"Anyways,,, I have exciting news" Y/N exclaimed

"Being...?" Mirio started

"I just received a job offering! In perfect timing too, your school counselor should be coming back soon!" Y/N said with a grin

"That's great news! What's the job?"

"I'd be an actual counselor at a really big, wealthy school! Pay is high too"

"That's awesome!" Mirio wraps them into a hug, Y/N flying in the air. Putting them back onto the ground he adds,

"Is it nearby?"

"That's the only downside.."

Mirio gives her a look, and they continue. "It's the high school I attended"

"You mean.. Back in America..?" They nodded. "Well, here's my advice! Think about it for a while. Consider the pros and cons, then give your response. No one would be angry or upset with you for whatever you choose. We want you to be happy. Just think about what you want" Mirio said

Y/N goes🥺🥺 and forces him into a hug (which he gladly accepts ofc)

"Thank you, Mirio. I'll definitely put a lot of thought into it. In the meantime, can you not tell Tamaki, or anyone else for that matter? I'd rather him not know until I've made my final decision"

"Of course, sib"Mirio gives a kiss to their forehead.