CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR - Dead Within A Week

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y  F O U R

I expected him to be shocked or gawk to at me but what happened was quite the opposite.

He laughed at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at him but he was too preoccupied as he laughed insanely. I tried to contemplate what he was thinking. Did he think what I said was some joke?

“Stop laughing!” I snap over his cackles, “Did you hear what I said?” I asked and he managed to nod. There were tears of mirth in his eyes and he blew out a breath.

“Yes I did, Princess” he said and emphasised the last word. I slapped him upside the head instantly making his face scowl at me.

“And-?” I urged but he just shook his head. “If you’re some snobby Princess who gets her way then I don’t want to know. But it’s great you think so highly of yourself,” he grinned and his eyes shone with amusement.

I exasperatedly grunted and sat back in my seat. “Lucas,” I breathed and ran my hands over my face, “this isn’t a joke, what I said is true.” I looked at him directly but I could see that he was preventing a laugh. “I have royal blood in me.” I stated and he rested his feet on the coffee table again.

“Don’t believe you. Prove it.” He nodded at me and I quizzically narrowed my eyes.

“How am I meant to prove it? I honestly do have royal blood, Lucas.” I said in annoyance but he just wasn’t buying it.

“Take a DNA test.”

“That wouldn’t prove that I’m a Princess.”

“Then you’re not.”

I refrained myself from pulling my hair out. Maybe I should just stop and pretend that I was really joking but I still wanted him to believe me.

“Why don’t you understand? I am the Princess of Denmark!” I gritted my teeth and told him stubbornly.

“And I am the King of Russia!” Lucas said derisively and I buried my face in my hands. “There isn’t even a real King of Russia” I groaned to myself. I quickly looked behind me to see if Jake had returned and luckily he hadn’t. Then and idea struck me and I faced Lucas who I wanted to punch so much.