Chapter 5: The mission

Amethyst's POV: "I still don't understand why Steven wasn't allowed to come with us." I said to both Pearl and Garnet. "In fact, nether of you have told me why it's so dangerous."

No one's POV: Garnet decided now was the right time to tell Amethyst about the vision she had since they were far from Steven and Garnet didn't want to freak him out. Like Pearl, Amethyst was taken back by the vision.

Garnet's POV: "However, I've had another vision and this one was less frightening but still quite strange." I explained to both of them. "The vision included us standing in front of a old castle, I'm thinking we'll find our answers there about the man in red armor, before we left I decided to ask Peridot to add a new addition to the warp pad, Pearl asked Connie if she knew anything about the castle in my vision of course we didn't tell her exactly why because we didn't want her to panic as well."

No one's POV: With that settled, the three gems stepped onto the warp pad sending them to their destination, a country known as Wallachia.
The gems appeared in front of a castle that matched Garnet's description. While getting closer to the castle the gems noticed something horrifying. Hundreds to possibly thousands of skeletons were impaled on pikes around the castle to serve as a grim warning and reminder.

Gem's POV: "I....I never seen anything like this before." Pearl said disgusted by the sight before her. "What happened to these humans?"Amethyst said horrified. "He did this...the man in red armor, it perfectly matches his brutality in the vision I had." Garnet said codly. "Guys, who are we exactly dealing with here!?" Amethyst shouted. "That's what I'm hoping to find out Amethyst." Garnet said.

No one's POV: The gems walked through the skeletal graveyard and eventually reached the front door of the castle.

Gem's POV: "So.. now what?" Amethyst asked. "We could try to get scale one of the walls-" Pearl was interrupted by the sound of a loud crash. "Couldn't find a way to open this door, so I decided to make my own one." Garnet said calmly. "Well, that certainly is a way to open it." Pearl said dryly. The gems walked into the castle calmly but on high alert, whoever was responsible for the atrocity outside was clearly dangerous and should not be taken lightly. After what felt like hours Pearl came across a interesting room, "Garnet, Amethyst, come here!" Pearl said. Both Amethyst and Garnet were near Pearl in moments. "What is it P?" Amethyst asked, Pearl beckoned both of them to follow her into the room.
The room itself was filled with books and devices that none of gems recognized, in the center of the room there was a mirror, on the left side of the room there was a painting of a couple with their child. Pearl walked closer to painting inspecting it further, it was beautiful and really captured the unity of the family. Her thoughts we're broken when Amethyst was yelling about the mirror moving on its own. All three gems now focused on the moving mirror, it broke apart then resembled showing a image of the red armor, the armor itself now floated out of the mirror and was simply floating in the air. The gems at first were speechless, they never had seen this kind of human technology and it indeed was advanced, Garnet broke the silence. "That's the armor from my vision, it matches it perfectly!" She said.
"Then I guess we've found are guy!" Amethyst said while pulling out her weapon. "Hold it, I doubt he's here now or he definitely would've attacked us by now." Pearl said.
"Agreed" replied Garnet, "Well, what should we do then?" Asked Amethyst.
"We take the armor and inspect it for further clues, we can't stay here forever and we need to get back to Steven." Garnet said.

No one's POV: Pearl stored the armor in her gem as they walked out of the room and out of the old castle. They treaded through the skeletal graveyard again to the spot they arrived on, using another device they quickly teleported back to beach city, little do they know of what awaits them.