Chapter 11: Demons from the past

3rd person POV: "It..it can't be." Dracula said in total disbelief, "Oh but it can be, my dear lord impaler." The dark figure said from his hooded face, the figure in question stood at 11 feet in height, towering over the 7'3 vampire. He wore a black cloak along with a black hood, he wore dark armor under it. "But how could you forget me Vlad? After all, I'm the one who gave you you're power, and the curse that comes along with it, but enough about that.. I'm impressed. You have become more powerful than I could ever hope, you even defeated the Dragon." "You knew about that?!" Dracula shouted the question, "Of course, but don't be too angry, I had nothing to do with that monstrosity in you're mind, YOU created that beast do to the conflict within you that brewed over the centuries. It seems however, that due to your victory it has cleared you're mind and has allowed you to fully access you're power, you see the Dragon required a good half of you're dark power to exist, and essentially making you weaker. The union of you're mind has made you ten times stronger than you were before and has allowed you to access powers you didn't know you even had." "powers I didn't even know I had?" Dracula said confused, "Indeed, they will come to you in due time but for you have simply just become stronger, a worthy protege". The Mysterious figure answered.

Dracula POV: Should I trust him? No I shouldn't, I know better than most to not to trust him. "Tell me Vlad, do you still remember why you came to me? All those years ago?" He asked "How could I ever forget? I came to you because I heard of the legends and the power you had and could provide to those who you deemed worthy of it, I came to you for that dark power to save my people and family." I answered.

Wallachia, 1476: A lifetime ago...

Vlad POV: "My Prince, are you sure this is wise?" My second-in-command asked, "No, it's not wise at all, in fact this could be considered downright foolish of me, but I have to take this chance." I answered. "Now, return back to the castle, I have to do this alone and I promise that I will be careful." All my second-in-command could do is sigh and ride back towards the castle. "Right then, time for the journey ahead". I say dryly, I'm certainly not looking forward to this, but what choice do I have? The Ottomans are right at our doorstep and I can't win this war with manpower alone, the Ottomans have us far too outnumbered. Looking forward I see a sight that would instantly make other men run back home.
A mountain that loomed over the entire countryside, this mountain even before I was born already had myths and legends of a dark creature that resided there, preying on humans foolish enough to enter it's domain. It's lair was said to be inside the mountain with a cave that lead into it.
Now I am to enter this place with my sword and armor only, I will not lie, I would feel more comfortable with an army behind me.

3rd person POV: Vlad began his journey up the mountain, it took him hours to finally reach the top instead of days due to a path he had been taught when he was younger.

Vlad saw the entrance to the cave, it gave a sinister and unnatural feeling

Vlad saw the entrance to the cave, it gave a sinister and unnatural feeling. Vlad felt if he entered this cave he would never come out the same again.