Chapter 14: On the edge of the universe

He stared into the cold dark abyss that was the edge of reality, soon however, the universe would expand more and this would be no longer the edge, but he put that thought aside and prepared himself.

Who is he? He is Michael, the archangel and he is preparing for a meeting of great importance.

Michael's armor glowed with colors of silver and white, his armor that resembled a 15th century knight that spoke with authority and power without him even having to say anything. His hair was a bright white, his eyes a deep blue, a light skin tone, and a handsome face.

Michael heard it, the sound of space being torn, he turned and looked. A sickly cut in reality, within the cut Michael saw darkness, then a being appeared, it's red eyes glowing in the darkness, then it laughed, a laugh of malice and hatred instead of joy. The dark being clawed his way out of the cut, and soon it was face to face with the archangel. "Well well, how have you been brother?" The being asked in a mocking tone. "Do not call me that, you disgusting monster! You lost the right to call me brother millions of years ago!" Michael shouted. "Careful, my patience is not what it used to be." The being said to Michael in a low growl, "Do you believe you have the means to threaten me?" Michael shot back.

For a moment, both celestial beings eyed each other. Michael sighed, "I did not come here to bicker with you, I came here to warn you. Stop this little scheme of your's now while you can." "Why should I?" Asked the dark being. "Because if you go too far, he
will intervene, because killing the diamonds will cause a domino effect of untold destruction in the universe." Michael said. "Besides, do you truly believe you alone can kill the remaining diamonds? One alone is already a match for you, let alone three" Michael said.

"Hahaha, I will not be alone, you shall see dear brother" The dark being said and in an instant he was gone. "Damn" Was all Michael managed to say as he reached out with his power and felt nothing.

Gem colony XX-YJ95: Location: Rune system. Planet: Vunus.

The gem Captain watched the colony in progress from her ship, then, all of a sudden, a Quartz guard rushed into the main deck of the ship, she looked terrified, something that made the Captain feel uneasy. "Captain! Something's approaching the ship, and it's coming in fast!" These were the Quartz last words, all of a sudden the ship itself was being torn apart, metal being torn as if we're paper.
Before the explosion, the ship separated into pieces, the precision of the cuts seemed impossible. But strangely, there was no explosion as the Captain and surviving crew mates observed. That's when thay saw him, a terrible creature was holding two pieces of the ship with what seemed like black tendrils, there he stood in open space as if there was ground underneath him. He wore black armor with a black cape, his hair was white as snow and he had red eyes that pierced the darkness of space, his name was VS, short for the Vampiric spirit.

He flashed them a smile, a smile with dagger like teeth. It had to be the most horrifying smile any of the gems had ever seen, then he spoke, "children of another world, this dark cold space shall be your tomb."

Before any of them could scream or say a thing back to him, black tendrils that shot out like spears pierced their gems, shattering each one of them. Then, he let go of the ship pieces, then, the waited explosion happened. He had been holding it back with his mind ever since he attacked the ship.

"Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, hehehe."

Peering at the planet near him, VS set his foul plan in motion, his original plan was to gain Dracula first, but obviously that would have to come later. Now, to build an army. Where better to start than a gem colony, full of some of the finest warriors in the galaxy but to my gain, are easily influenced or corrupted.

VS zoomed towards the planet with incredible speed, intent on forging an army.

Earth: Beach City: Early morning

"This is a matter of great importance, if Carmilla should release the Vampire horde, I fear nothing will stop it from consuming the Earth in total darkness and death." Dracula said while he told the Crystal gems in their home, "How did this Vampire horde even began and how different are they from regular Vampires?" Asked Garnet

Dracula sighed heavily. "The Vampire horde was a creation of Carmilla and mine. We designed them without the natural weakness of a regular vampire. They were supposed to be a ultimate weapon for...for the conquest of Earth." "Conquest of earth!? Lapis shouted.

"Calm yourselves, that was a long time ago and now I realize it was foolish of me,they were also too difficult to control. Carmilla however, apparently thinks not. She came to me to convince me to unleash them upon the Earth, I told her no, as if that would stop her from doing it". Dracula said while turning away.

"How can we stop it?" Asked bismuth, "We wouldn't be able to stop the horde, but we can keep Carmilla from starting it. There are five different massive graves in the world, each one containing parts of the horde." Dracula said while pulling out a device that showed a blue hologram of the world.

Somewhere in a gem station, in the distant part of the milky way galaxy.

What is that thing?!, I don't know but keep shooting! AAA-*crunch*

"Hmph, and these gems think themselves so superior to the rest of the universe. Hehehe, how arrogant." VS said while stepping over gem shards. The corridor was full of them, all gem soldiers who thought they could stop the onslaught, in the end, they found out how outmatched they truly were. VS had attacked the station due to its position, it was in the same system as the planet he was building his army on. He would rather avoid having a gem fleet stop his progress, not when he was really starting to get somewhere with his experiments. The station itself would also provide resources his army needs, but first he would have to take care of that pesky Commander and the surviving gems holding up in the security area of the station. I believe it's time for a field test, he said while chuckling to himself.  With swift movement of his hand he opened two portals of fire, out stepped four of his "creations", they would have been regular gem soldiers had it not been for his interference. He modified these particular gems to be hunters, they would devour the gemstone of a gem, or, the heart of a organic. The hunters were a terrifying sight, reduced to crawling on all fours, with spikes running down their backs and legs. Fur that was white and black in color, fangs that that stretched out of their mouths in terrible dagger like shape.  He picked up a few broken shards and called on the hunters to come close, he made sure each one got a good sniff of the shards.
With a gesture of his hand in the direction of the security area the hunters speed off towards their prey, intent on killing in their master's will.

The gems, particularly these gems that were the remaining survivors  were veterans of many conflicts and had seen many battles and had attained many victories with little loss. They didn't even last ten minutes against the hunters.

All shall be covered in darkness before the light of the universe is done.....