3/1/19-???

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time, there was a nurse who fed upon blood. The villagers in the valley of Croninnia had no clue of the terror lurking beneath the surface of the town. The nurse's name was Lydia. She appeared as a sweet old lady around the age of 75, working in the only hospital in a 25-mile radius. Those who visited the hospital would remember the sweet old lady who ....that worked there. Despite this, when she walked around town the pets and animals the villagers owned would become on edge and try to attack her. The owners, horrified and embarrassed, they would apologize immediately to which she would returned a smile and say it was fine. Only one thing was something they found peculiar about her. She had a pet rat on her shoulder or around her neck all the time. Even if she was working. Time went by and the lights in the town turned off. One by one.

Lydia cared for the patients that remained in the hospital. They found themselves trusting in her more and more. One day, the people of the town slowly came to the realization that their loved ones were disappearing. It was when the sheriff was called to the hospital to find out what was happening that the blood-curdling truth appeared bit by bit. On the first day, he found records of the patients, all of them had been cared for by Lydia. But knowing her reputation he quickly dismissed it. So he continued his investigation.

In the deserted town of Croninnia, there lay a small hospital. The healing place was hidden on the side of a long dirt road. Often times, there were many complaints about the dust kicked up by horses and carriages racing by. On one occasion, it seemed as though the dust storm was particularly violent and when it settled down, Lydia emerged from the quaint cart and walked into the hospital.

From any passerby's point of view, it seemed quite elegant with a hauntingly beautiful look about it. The foliage surrounding the place was bare except for some shrubs surrounding the entrance of the hospital and the branches of trees dangling overhead. A stark contrast against the openness and brightness of the sky during the day. The hospital had obviously not been well maintained. The front entrance seemed to be hanging on the thread of its hinges. About to fall off any second. The white paint that had turned into a solid beige due to building up of dirt over the years, had peeled away from the East side of the building.

The winds would ferociously blow the moss green blinds around, and slam them up against the front and back sides of the building. Many of the windows were impossible to see in or out of. Covered in cobwebs and the remains of bugs, the ones on the highest level were the filthiest. Cleaners have tried to clear them off with the tallest of ladders but the outcome was always the same. One cleaner came up with the idea to try and gain access to the roof.