4/11/19

Prompt: using the given prompt, write for 10 minutes and receive another part to incorporate into the story. "Two people are in the back of a truck" (Italics indicate a flashback)

The furniture truck kept rolling and jolting back in forth for the next few miles. John and Alex were sitting in silence in the back of the truck. Making sure none of the expensive items would tip over and break. Then, John let out a big sigh.

This morning, John went to work and found out he had been assigned to one of the wealthiest customers invested in The Tag und Nacht Market. Which meant some more pay for him to pay for a new car. Unfortunately, he found out he was put in the same post as Alex. They used to be best friends always doing everything together, so they both went for a job at Tag und Nacht Market. However, John got the job and Alex didn't. And when he went to work the next day, he looked all over for Alex. He searched all the rooms, but had to get back to his shift. After he finished his session, he rushed to Alex's house on his bike and when he knocked on the door Alex answered, staring at him with a burning rage.

"Hey man, where were you today? I tried looking all over for you but-"

"I didn't get the job. You did."

"Oh really? I'm sorry I didn't know."

"How about you leave me alone? Especially considering I knew about the job first and you just swept in like some vulture and then you win."

With that, Alex slammed the door in John's face and their friendship deteriorated since then.

He looked at Alex.

"Are you seriously going to be mad at me forever? It was just one small job plus, you have a job here now! So, can we please just be friends again? I hate it when I go home and even though it has been three years, my mom and dad still ask when you're gonna come over."

"You really think this is only about a job?! It's about everything! You have always been the one getting everything I ever wanted. Roles in elementary school, first girlfriend, class president, and then the job. It was more than just one thing."

"Tell me then, I don't want to cause conflict with something I thought you and I shared an interest in. Although to be fair, you never told me about Jane Parker.

A few weeks later...

The doorbell rang and John's mom answered the door.

"Alex, it's so good to see you! Come in, John's in his room."

"Thanks, Mrs. Davis. It's good to be back."

Wiping his shoes on the doormat, Alex came in and placed his shoes next to John's. Then he went up the stairs to play video games with his newly reunited best friend.

Just like the old times.