4/5/19

It was a bright sunny morning when I woke up this morning. I groggily sat up and blinked my eyes slowly. I grudgingly roused myself to get out of bed and get breakfast. I turned on my TV and walked into my kitchen. I pulled a box of cereal off the shelf and made myself a bowl of cereal. I went back into the living room and sat down to watch the news. There was a breaking article about a woman's murder and police were still investigating the causes of her death. Something about the picture of the crime scene caused my hair to raise up. A few minutes later, I heard the mail truck driving away. Which is strange as it is Sunday.

Thinking nothing of it I pulled on my jacket and headed out the front door. On my porch was a small cardboard box with only one thing on it:

Terra Scott

10 Elm Street

East Lansing, MI 48824

Expecting the box to be in my mailbox,  I quickly head back inside not planning to be anywhere. I look all over the package to see if I can find a return address, but there's not a single indicator anywhere that it can be returned. I bring it into my kitchen and I find a knife to open the box.

When I open it, there's nothing in there. Just a slip of paper. I began to feel the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and when I flipped it over and it said: TURN AROUND. Slowly creeping around, I saw a thing in a kid's animal mask with a knife. It seemed to smile as I screamed and stumbled to get away. It kept creeping closer with its murderous intentions. I kept scrambling and hit the corner of the wall. As the creature raised its knife I remembered one important detail from the news report earlier: 'BEWARE THE BOX'.