27: Ikki

Hiko woke up in a room. He expected he'd wake up in one of the rickety beds in the medic tent, but he was on a bed that didn't look like it was about to collapse. He sat up, feeling more refreshed than ever. It was like he had slept for a week in the arms of an angel as Jianjun would usually tell him after waking up in a great mood. The door creaked open and a man in a white coat entered the room, looking down at his clipboard. When he looked up he jumped back a little but immediately regained his composure.

"You're awake! That's great." The man said before writing something on his clipboard. "So, how are you feeling?"

"Fine." Hiko said. The man wrote something on his clipboard again and walked up to Hiko's bed. He put a hand on Hiko's head and hummed in approval.

"You seem to be alright. Why don't you try walking a few steps?" The man said politely, placing his clipboard on the nightstand. He held out his hand, offering it to Hiko. The boy looked at him reluctantly but grabbed his hand and stood up. His legs shook at first but stopped after a few seconds. He walked a few steps forward then came back to his bed.

"Alright! Looks like you're all good. I'll bring you your lunch for today then we'll get ready to discharge you.". The man bowed slightly before walking out of the room. A few seconds passed before a woman in a white outfit walked in holding a tray of food. The woman pulled out a small table from the bottom of the bed and layed it out in front of Hiko, along with the tray. The woman smiled politely before exiting. Hiko pursed his lips, looking at the food before him. There was a bowl of rice, a few peas, and a portion of pork with a glass of water. Hiko picked up the glass of water first, drinking all of it. He exhaled with relief as he placed he empty glass back on the tray.

Before he knew it, the tray was now empty and Hiko's stomach was full. He let out a small burp, mouthing an 'excuse me' before standing up and walking to the closet beside a door which he presumed was the bathroom. Inside the closet was his clothes, washed and sown together. Hiko smiled as he took it off the hanger and went in the restroom to change. When he went out, the door where the doctor came from creaked open again. Hiko closed the restroom door before walking to the door that was open.

"Hiko?" A voice came from the door. Hiko hid behind the other side of the door. "Where is he?" Hiko now recognized the voice. He jumped out and raised his arms beside his face. Katsumi jumped back and shrieked in shock. But when she realized it was Hiko, her frown turned into a smile. "Hiko!" She hugged him tightly. "You're alright!"

"Of course. What about you?" Hiko asked eagerly.

"I'm okay. General Amano assigned me to the medical wing and you happened to stumble in."

"Thank you. Where am I now?"

"Republic City Hospital. Kuvira's already been defeated by Korra and her team."

Hiko had completely forgotten about Kuvira.

"Oh! I almost forgot." Katsumi reached into her pocket and pulled out a letter. She gave it to Hiko with a smile. Hiko reluctantly accepted it and opened it.

"Who the hell is Varrick and Zhu Li?"

"Beats me." Katsumi shrugged.

Hiko continued to read the letter.

"Jinora?" Hiko muttered under his breath.

"What?" Katsumi asked.

"Jinora sent this letter." He muttered again.

"Oh, yeah. She gave it to me." Katsumi looked away casually.

"I don't think I can go there. I still have to go back to the clan and assume my role as Clan Head." Hiko continued to look at the letter but he was no longer reading it. Hiko looked up at Katsumi, who was pouting. "Where's Amano?" He asked.