Chapter 7

Pang's mind was not in its right place. Atleast that was the excuse he gave himself for glancing at the clock every 2 mins waiting for it to be 7 pm. As the short hand of the clock reached 7, Pang rushed with a laptop, notebook and pen to reach Wave's room.

Knock knock...After a minute of utter silence Wave opened the door asking him to enter. Pang was just looking at Wave's room as though he had never seen one in his entire life.

" Will you just close that mouth of yours?.."

" What!?...Oh.."

Wave was too happy but he had decided not to express whatever he felt as he had to confirm Pang's feelings. Yes, Wave had accepted that he somehow has a soft spot  (as he calls it) for this boy.

" Can we start on our work or you wanna just stand like this?.."

"yeah...of course...w-where s-should I sit? "

" Either on the couch or on that chair " Wave replied pointing to a chair on the other corner of the room.

Pang decided to sit on the couch. As he sat he observed Wave throwing a bottle of juice at him. They both then relaxed for 5 minutes before starting their work.

They then began discussing on what they had found - pinning clues, photos and news paper articles on the study board. They worked for a long time.

Before Wave could realize it was already midnight and Pang had fallen asleep on the couch.

Wave then put a blanket on Pang and then slept on the bed.

Next morning

Pang was the first one to wake up. He saw Wave sleeping peacefully on the bed. The look on Wave's face surprised him. He looked damn peaceful. Pang then woke him up before leaving his dorm to get ready for the classes.

---------------

When Pang entered the classroom he nodded at Wave before taking his seat next to Ohm. Ohm and Namtarn were shocked not just because they noticed Pang nodding at Wave but were surprised to notice Wave wishing him back with a nod and a smile.

" Am I hallucinating or what ?" Ohm asked facing Namtarn.

"I guess even I am hallucinating."

"What was that?"

"Some kind of odd interaction.."

"I know that Namtarn. But how did Wave smile?...Is that even possible?"

"I know right."

As Pang was too much into Wave-induced trance he completely didn't hear the conversation.

"What are you two talking about?"

"You didn't hear it...seriously?...Are you deaf?" Ohm asked.

"No...I was just"

"zoned out" Ohm and Namtarn replied simultaneously.

"You are zoning out for the whole week bro..Is everything alright?"

"Yeah..everything is cool" Pang replied awkwardly.

"Fine..if you say so..by the way we were talking about the 8th wonder I mean Wave's smile" Ohm said looking at Pang in the eye.

"Oh...that he smiles at times...its not a wonder I suppose"

"What!?...anyways why did you nod at Wave now?" Namtarn questioned.

Pang hesitated  "Classmate acknowledgement..that's it"..he knew he screwed up but was again surprised with their lack of reaction.

--------------

After Pang left the class closely following Wave.

"I really think something is odd" Ohm said.

"Me too. Can't put a finger on it. But Pang is definitely behaving strange"

"yeah..."

"Was he in your room yesterday?"

"No why?"

"You know what? yesterday when I went to his room to get back my math notes he was not there. I tried knocking but there was no response. I thought he might be with you." Namtarn whispered back to Ohm as Claire was trying to eavesdrop their conversation.

"What!?" Ohm shouted gaining the attention from rest of the class..."Wait if he was not in his room..where was he?"

"For god's sake stop shouting Ohm..Don't announce it to the world Okay?"

"Fine..lets pack first and then talk on our way" Ohm replied.

"Cool"

Ohm and Namtarn understood something was wrong with Pang. But chose to avoid confronting him for now.

"We will watch him today. Then we will have some proof to confront him"

"Why do you sound like a detective Ohm?...but fine I don't mind doing it" Namtarn replied.

"Of course you will not mind" Ohm spoke in a teasing tone.

"Stop teasing me Ohm. Lets meet after we change outside Pang's room today"

Ohm and Namtarn then left to their respective rooms only to meet next to Pang's room after 15 mins.

-------------