Chapter 8

Ohm and Namtarn waited near Pang's room for over half an hour. When they were about to leave, they noticed Pang leaving his room with a laptop in his hand. Pang did not notice them because they were standing in a blind spot. They watched him walking towards the other end of the corridor. They were shocked not just to see him knocking on Wave's room but on Wave's response of calmly allowing him inside before locking his door.

For a few minutes both Ohm and Namtarn were just silent. Namtarn was the first to break the silence-

"Wait..did Pang just enter Wave's room?"

"Yes, but how did this wonder happen?...No, I guess my question should be why the hell is Pang in Wave's room?" Ohm asked his voice filled with shock.

"I don't know. When did they even become friends?"

"I thought Pang and Wave were eternal enemies..." Ohm replied.

Though the initial shock was faded they could not make head or tails of the situation. Both of them left to their respective rooms after few minutes.

--------------

"Pang, sit down first..." Wave softly said looking at the worried Pang.

"Ohm and Namtarn doubt my s-strange behaviour Wave. I am trying hard to not involve them in this shit" Pang told.

"First of all, stop wearing your emotions on your sleeve okay? Even a blind can tell you are hiding something with your voice"

When Pang didn't reply Wave continued..

"Just chill. Try being indifferent to me in the class okay?"

"Okay"

Wave and Pang then worked on the evidences. They tried researching about the experiment in which Mr. Pom tried erasing memories of the students during his high school. They stole glances of each other occasionally trying not to be too obvious unaware of the fact that the other was also trying to do the same. Pang panicked whenever Wave was close to him. Wave enjoyed this particularly.

Pang's POV

Why the hell do I feel so uncomfortable when this guy is close? Whats wrong with me? And why the hell do I feel shy when he smirks? Am I falling....wait how did I even get this stupid thought?

Wave's POV

Can't he just understand that he likes me? Is that so difficult? Man when will this idiot get this right? I kinda like him but I guess I should wait till I get some signal..maybe. Well, is he even gay? God, these thoughts will kill me soon I guess.

Both of them were strangled by their own thoughts until they heard a knock on the door. Wave and Pang slowly left the bedroom that had the noticeboard filled with evidences. Wave closed the door of his bedroom silently and gently walked to open the door after eyeing Pang to sit on the sofa.

As Wave opened the door, he was shocked to see Claire on the door. Claire asked-

"Whats wrong Wave? Why are you sweating?"

"Nothing" Wave replied blocking the entrance of the room completely. Claire suddenly felt suspicious. She used her ability and was shocked to find that Wave was panicking. Suddenly feeling the urge to get inside, Claire pushed open the door.

She saw Pang sitting on the sofa sweating profusely. She saw him panicking. Being nosy person she is, she tried figuring out the whole situation.

"Why is Pang in your room Wave?"

"Homework Claire..I had doubts you see. So, I came here to c-clear them" Pang replied in a hurried tone.

"So, where are your notes?" Claire asked as a matter of fact.

Realizing the blunder, both Pang and Wave fell silent. Wave then started suddenly..

"Why the hell do you care Claire? We were just discussing...like how friends discuss casual topics. Anyway what do you want?"

"Ohh...strange when did you guys become friends huh?"

"None of your business." Wave spat.

"Fine..I came here to ask for your math notes because Punn was absent last friday" Claire replies irritated by Wave's behaviour.

 Wave went inside his bedroom to get his math notes. Claire was staring at Pang as though he had committed some crime. Wave returned with his math notes after couple of minutes.

Not able to avoid Claire's gaze anymore, Pang stood

"I better leave Wave. Its time for dinner." Pang turned to leave along with Claire but went silent the moment Wave stopped him buy holding his wrist.

"Your laptop is in there. Take it before you leave" Wave told him casually pointing towards his bedroom.

Unable to believe her own eyes and ears, Claire cleared her throat - " Why is Wave's laptop is in your bedroom? And why are you holding his wrist to stop him? My goodness, this scene looks similar to those romantic scenes from the film."

Pang and Wave blushed so hard listening to the word romantic. This time it was Pang who spoke after clearing his throat.

"Claire Can't you ask one question at a time? Anyways as far as the answers to all of the questions - None of your business"

Listening to the stern voice of Pang and watching him smirk at Claire, Wave's heart skipped a beat. He never knew this Pang who could casually return smirks.

"Fine..Bye" Claire left the room with a bang.

"See you tomorrrow Wave" Pang said with a genuine smile on his face.

"See you"

Wave's voice was filled with new admiration. He never understood this boy completely.

--------

A/N :

Really sorry for the delay guys. Last week was too hectic.

I had a hell lot of assignments and club tasks to do. I was totally invested in completing those last week.

Don't worry. I will continue updating twice a week (mostly on weekends). Hope you enjoy reading my work!

Thank you :)