Their Simple Wedding

Soren smiled, staring at the woman by his side. She really was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, and being the lucky guy he was, he got to look at her whenever he wished.

Her pure blue eyes raised from her book to look at him, a slight frown on her lips. "Soren, you're staring at me again."

"Yeah."

"Well it's distracting when I'm trying to read."

He smiled a bit more. "Sorry. I just enjoy watching you."

She huffed, then went back to her book, her wing moving to block his view of her. Chuckling, the human looked around their room instead. He still lived in the palace, but since Pyrrah now lived with him, he'd moved to a slightly larger quarter to accommodate them both. He rubbed his neck for a bit, feeling the bite under his clothing, something that apparently meant he and Pyrrah were now mates and no one else could touch her. She was his.

He felt quite proud of that; Pyrrah, the dragoness he'd been in love with for years, was finally his wife. However, he frowned for a moment, looking back at her. "Pyrrah?"

"Hm?"

"I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Well...will you...marry me?"

Her wing slowly moved and she peeked over to look at him. "Sorry?"

"Marry me?" He blushed, scratching the back of his neck. "I mean...umm...it's...it's kind of a human thing..."

"I know what marriage is, Soren." She huffed, putting her book down. "I just don't know why you want to marry me when we're already mated."

"Well...being mated is kinda just a dragon thing. And...marriage is a human thing...and...I...I'd really like to marry you."

She glared at him from across the space. "There is more to it than that...why are you suddenly so interested in marrying me?"

He blushed and looked away. "Well, I just...think it would be nice. I mean, mating is kinda private, and just for the two of us. A wedding would be a big party and..."

"Yes, but why now all of a sudden?" she asked, walking over and putting her arms by either side of his head, pinning him on the spot. "Why are you asking to marry me now of all times?"

Trapped, Soren threw up his hands in surrender. "Alright! I confess! I want to see you in a wedding dress!"

"What?"

"I...I was on patrol the other day and I saw this couple getting married and...I couldn't help but think that you would look stunning in a wedding dress." He looked down at his fingers, poking them against each other. "You know...with the long veil and white fabrics..."

"White, Soren?" she scoffed, "I don't think I qualify for white."

"You could wear any colour Pyrrah. You would look amazing no matter what."

She blinked at him, then smiled, kissing his lips. "Alright. I'll marry you. I'll wear the dress and we'll have a big party with all our friends."

"R-really? Y-you'll do it?"

"I don't see a reason not to," she chuckled, leaning over and kissing him once more.

~#~

The knock at the door was quite unexpected. With a quirk of his brow, Soren walked over and opened it up. "Yes?" He blinked. "Oh, General Amaya, Commander Gren. Is everything alright? Has something happened?"