"positive is the new negative"

(This fic deals with COVID-19, coronavirus disease, if you are triggered or uncomfortable, please Do NOT read this)
.
.
Requested by rochellemillena09
.
.

(Narrator's pov)

Taehyung closed his eyes, trying to give rest to his vision for a few seconds. He was binge watching Netflix, sitting on his couch with cushions and blankets. The air conditioner was chilling, creating a perfect cosy environment. To the contrary, he was bored. The thing was, he was bored of doing nothing, how much more will he keep himself occupied with Netflix and games?
Hell, BTS was in their dorm, they were not allowed to go out because of the global pandemic, all they did was dance, make music, eat, exercise, work on their hobbies and sleep.
This was a very difficult time for each and everyone, no one could ever predict that this would happen.

Taehyung got up from his bed, rubbing his eyes, yawning and stretching simultaneously.
He glanced at the clock, it read 9pm.
Soon, Jin would call everyone for dinner.
Taehyung was frustrated but there was no point complaining about it, he would not be inconsiderate and selfish cause now, everybody was going through frustration and boredom.
Moreover, he did not want to bother anyone simply because he was bored.

He shut down his laptop and switched off the air conditioner, heading for dinner, going to the living room.
.
.
"What's cooking hyung?"
Taehyung asked as he climbed down the stairs.

The others were already in the living room, Jimin and Jungkook were watching the news while Hoseok was helping Jin put the plates on the table, Yoongi was on his phone while Namjoon was sitting down on the chair, doing nothing.

"Seriously Taehyung? Have you grown old or what? Can't you smell already what I am cooking?"
Jin said, jokingly as the aroma of the food was all over the room.

Taehyung sniffed a few times and said,
"No hyung, I can't smell anything, maybe I got a stuffed nose or something"

"Or maybe you have just got old, "
Jungkook smirked.

"Kids, enough of bickering around. Come and eat"
Jin ordered as he prepared the table and sat on one of the chairs.

They all started eating.

"Listen, after eating, Taehyung, you are going to help me with the sanitizing. Sejin hyung has bought the items from the market, but no one is going to touch them before I sanitize them, is that clear?"
Yoongi said.

"Yes hyung"
Jimin and Taehyung said while others nodded.

"Then Yoongi and Taehyung will be sanitizing meanwhile Jungkook and Hoseok will be doing the dishes. I will wrap up the leftovers and Namjoon will clean the table. Jimin, you are going to throw the waste, okay?"
Jin said.

They all nodded in unison.

"Hyung, this chicken steak is so tasty, I love the spicy taste, "
Hoseok said while munching away to his glory.

"Yes hyung, it's too good."
Jimin acknowledged.

"Yeah Taehyung, why aren't you saying anything? Did I cook so badly that you don't like it at all?
Jin asked.

Taehyung chewed for a few more times and said,
"Hyung, I am not getting any taste. It's tasteless to me."

"Yess, Taehyung has gone old, grandpaa"
Jungkook said, making others laugh.
Every one was laughing except Yoongi, his face had a slight tint if concern.
.
.
After finishing dinner, they all went to their assigned work.
.
.
(Narrator's pov- yoongi)

Yoongi sighed. There was a lot of work which had to be done. He was tired of sanitizing each and everything but he did not have s choice, this had become a survival skill in this pandemic.