Chapter ten

(A/N: Originally when I first started writing this book, this story was based off the Cartoons, Ultimate Spiderman, and Avengers Assemble. I might slightly mix those with the movies a bit.)

Avengers Tower

"Tony we need to talk"

Tony Stark turned from his tinkering to look back at the Captain, raisin an eyebrow. "Hey Steve, how long have you been here" he took off his goggles and out them down on the table. "An hour, a day?"

"Five minutes" Steve replied, walking over. "Tony I-" he started but the tech genius cut him him quickly.

"Need to talk about the big bald Russian man in our living room?" Tony turned and hopped off his stool. "Yeah, I was thinking maybe we could hand him off to S.H.I.E.L.D. I bet eyepatch would be happy to take him off our hands and than maybe we can go get some shawarma-"

"That's not what I want to talk about" Steve interrupted, he shifted his position to move closer to Tony. "It's about Hydra, they've been spotted in DC again but they aren't doing anything."

"Red Skull doing something fishy isn't anything new" Tony picked up a wrench and balanced it in his hand. "If anything, I'd say not to worry about it right now" he patted Cap on the shoulder.

"Tony I'm going to DC" Steve replied. "I can't just ignore Hydra like you want me too"

"Cap, ever think Hydra just want to be on Vacation?" Tony quirked an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "They might just be touring the white house"

Steve stared at him and sighed. "Again, I can't just ignore them" he turned and started walking out. "I'll be back sometime-"

"Hold up" Steve paused and turned, seeing Tony messing with some armor. "I'm coming with- Got this new armor I want to test out"

"Fine by me Tony."

In the living room.

"You have a real name right? It's not just Heavy?" Hawkeye was being a bit pushy with his questions, sitting back as Heavy ate a sandvich.

"Just call me Heavy" The man said as he took another bite. "That is all you need to know about me."

"Clint, I think that's enough questions for today" Natasha walked over to him, handing the Bowman a sandwich.

"Thanks Nat" Clint took the sandwich and took a bite. "By the way, where are you from? You never really told us that" Natasha gave him a look but Heavy didn't seem to mind the question.

"Soviet Russia."

"Russia? Well that explains the accent but..." Clint paused to think for a moment. "But back in 1991, didn't Soviet Russia-"

"Alright stooges" Tony stepped into the room, efficiently cutting Clint off mid sentence. "Me and Cap are heading to DC, Hydras being sneaky on a Level 1 setting so we're gonna go check it out" he was in new armor, shinier and unused Though it looked the same like the one he usually used.

"We won't be long" Steve added, dressed in his own suit, shield on his arm. "It's going to be an investigation mission, like the one we were recently on"

"Need any of us to come along with you?" Natasha asked, leaning on the wall, in response Steve just shook his head.

"I think me and Stark have it for now" Steve replied. "We'll call you if we have any trouble though" he nodded to Tony and than said goodbye to the team.

When they left, Heavy looked over at Clint. "What is Hydra?" He asked, Hawkeye looked over at him and tried to think of a good explanation.

"Uhhh I guess you could say they're a type of Nazi?"

"Not quite, they're more like a terrorist organization from Germany, Cap fought them during the second world war" Natasha explained. "Their leader, Red Skull has been around as long as Steve has."

"Huh..." Heavy thought for a moment. Hydra...how come he's never heard of them before?

Doctor Stranger's house

"Vhat are we waiting for? Santa Claus?" Medic spoke up, sitting on the couch, and staring at the ceiling that had been magically fixed. Steven looked over at him before turning to Spider-man.

"How far away is S.H.I.E.L.D at the moment?" Strange questioned, arms crossed, he wasn't floating but was simply standing on the ground like a normal person, he cringed when Demoman broke another bottle on the ground. Dr. Strange let his cloak fly off his back to go get a broom to clean it up.

"Few minutes" Spider-Man replied, tapping his S.H.I.E.L.D communicator. "Director Fury said he'd be here any minute now, and that we should probably wait outside before he arrives"

Another bottle smashed. "A good idea" Steven replied, he turned to the three mercenaries. "Let's go outside gentleman, someone should be coming to pick you up soon."

Medic paused his chasing of Nova to turned an look at Strange, actually he hadn't even noticed him getting up and messing with the glowing teen. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere questions can be answered" Power man replied, he opened the door. "Now let's go" The mercs looked at each other and shrugged going outside as a S.H.I.E.L.D jet landed in the middle of the surprisingly empty street.

Nick Fury stepped out as the platform was extended down, he took a good look at the group and sighed, Spider-Man was kinda hoping he'd say 'This ain't my first rodeo' but that wouldn't make sense in this situation. "This is going to be a lot of paperwork" Fury mumbled.

Oh.

Paperwork?