Chapter 009

« your wish is my command »

❝ Our friendship has to be a secret

❝ Our friendship has to be a secret. ❞

Feeling even more confused than ever, Jinyeol didn't know what else to say so she just stared back with her round eyes and a questioning gaze that coul scare anyone away but Sunghoon. ❝ And why is that? ❞ Faintly, the ice prince chuckled since he's sure that this girl probably thought he's going nuts somehow. Truth be told, the famous boy surely didn't want any of them to get hurt upon society's wrong assumptions.

❝ I don't want anyone to badmouth us. , said Sunghoon as his shady bangs spread across his forehead, appealing his visuals even more than usual as Jinyeol didn't understand how a human being could be this divine? Not to mention her squinted eyes showering him with a gaze all along.

❝ But it's not like we're going out. What's wrong with us being friends? ❞ Isolating from others but Yujung, Jinyeol had no experiences with how the really toxic community each school has. She barely had friends other than Yujung. Especially their school which was loaded with gossiping and dramatic students everywhere. ❝ I know but in either ways, you're gonna get insulted for being around me. ❞ Pouting, Jinyeol didn't know what else to say since he's right. People will definitely insult her for having the opportunity to become friends with a school's famous heartthrob.

❝ Sucks to be me then. What's the point of befriending if we can't even hangout together at school? ❞ She even started to doubt whether their friendship would really work and impact their disorders or not.

Noticing how her mood swung upside down from the moment he agreed to become friends and to keeping it a secret. ❝ But hey, I didn't say that we can't meet up outside. ❞ The boy smirked as he spoke, revealing his one-sided dimple on his right cheek which was like a heavenly gift from god.

❝ Deal! Where do you wanna go first at the weekends then? ❞ Eyes lovingly glimmering in joy, Jinyeol's chin automatically lifted up like a smiley kid to the charming dude's liking. ❝ Up to you, your wish is my command. ❞ Beaming with a proud smile, he said.

This dude really was suspiciously being nice to Jinyeol that she couldn't but grow thoughts about him.

If he's a famous heartthrob whose name always tails from people's mouth, this guy must have an arrogant personality and highly standardized self-esteem. What was his reason to actually be friends with an unpopular and hot-headed girl like Jinyeol among others?

Twinkling with curiosity in her eyes, she tested him through an eye-contact which failed to see through the icy boy's hidden mindset nor what he's thinking at the moment. Normally for an unimportant person like Jinyeol, she'd easily get judged by high-positioned people in a flick since people would always look down on her for being weird.

❝ What was the reason that made you accept my offer though? ❞ Displaying a faint smirk, Jinyeol squinted her eyes since the wind was getting in her way but Sunghoon unexpectedly drew his steps closer to her and tucked the messed up strands behind her ear. Too dangerous.