Chapter 022

« uneasy »

❝ I'm already in a relationship with Jake

❝ I'm already in a relationship with Jake. ❞

Jinyeol fucked up. She knew better of herself and what she could've done instead of randomly spitting out a lie in front of Sunghoon. Not to mention that it's his best friend who she put in her lie.

Jake wouldn't be so glad about it. Either way, it's undeniable that she's doomed.

Maybe the panic got the best of her. 

Getting liked by her own best friend's crush was something too much for her to handle. Whatever let Sunghoon's mind think it's okay and that she'll accept his feelings for her? 

❝ Is that so? ❞ , he asked, poker-faced.

Jinyeol surely felt her skin getting tensed with goosebumps the moment she fully visualized the Park's cold expression. He wasn't expecting that for sure. Predicting, Jinyeol already guessed that the things between the two of them would be awkward after today.

❝ I'm sorry, Sunghoon. I'm afraid I can't return your feelings. ❞

She looked down to the ground, feeling somehow apologetic. This was such a mess she got herself engaged into. Precisely, she's the one who started another mess after spiting out the lie-

Jake Sim? The guy who she barely knew? Her boyfriend?

Such an idiotic announcement she'd made.

She can already foresee the Aussie laughing at her mistake.

Sunghoon on the other hand just scoffed.

❝ You should've told me sooner. I wouldn't have confessed then, what a shame. ❞ He looked chill about it, not acting all upset or anything in front of her. His pinkish rosy lips bent into a smirk as he got up.

Park Sunghoon was always the one who rejected.

He never expected himself to get turned down by a girl.

Jinyeol was the first girl who he felt comfortable to be with. In other words, a girl who he felt an admiration for. Nevertheless, he didn't know that he would fall for his best friend's girlfriend.

But he didn't feel the need to get furious about Jake not telling him this earlier. Sunghoon was just a little disappointed because he's too late for a chance he's daring to experience for the first time.

Loving.

Loving someone who he wanted to be with for the first time.

But what a pity that it didn't turn out the way as his expectations drew. 

❝ I can't believe you both decided to keep it as a secret. Especially Jake, that guy..❞ Sunghoon gave a half-suppressed laugh, amusedly getting up from the bench.