Chapter 017

« magnetizing »

❝ But, you do fit my type

❝ But, you do fit my type. ❞

Jinyeol's expression immediately dropped at his bold words, refraining from scrunching her nose since she was disgusted at this flirtatious guy's behaviour. She just announced that she's his best friend's girlfriend, yet this dude dare had the audacity to flirt with her?

' Wow, what a weirdo. ', she told herself while speechlessly shaking her head at him.

Jake amusedly snickered at her taken aback reaction which he expected her to have. ❝ Chill, I was just messing with ya'. Sunghoon would bury me alive if I try to snatch his girl. ❞ His hands playfully ruffled her strands, making the zoned-out girl feel a queer feeling at his cold touch that set her temperature to a low one within just a small contact.

Why did her temperature feel so funny?

His frisky smile was seen on his handsome face when he bent a bit lower to match with Jinyeol's height. Jake had thought that she might've gotten charmed by his puppy smile, so the cautious boy withdrew it back real quick. ❝ W-Whatever... ❞ , she muttered, restarting her steps to get away from the football field as soon as possible.

Jake just crossed his arms while watching the flustered—rather dazzled girl if he must say.

Why did his hands feel so tensed just by patting her for a few seconds?

-

Thinking about yesterday's incident, Jinyeol knitted her confused brows since she's surely missing some information on the Jake guy's unconventional touch on her. Patting her head to reminisce about how it felt like, she was collecting all of her consequences into one place.

Jake's invigorating hands made her body feel funny, unlike Sunghoon's parky presence which made her feel at ease. ❝ Are you having a bad hair day or what? ❞ With a playful smile, Yujung slightly nudged her best friend, who appeared to be in another dimension. 

Unlike her, Jinyeol couldn't even force herself to break into a smile because she's unsure of her uncertain future. Would she be able to continue living with a concerning temperature as her current one? She surely hoped that Sunghoon's her remedial answer in life but for some unimportant reasons, Jake's also drafty within just a small amount of skinship.

Was his skin just temporarily frigid? Maybe that's why she felt his cold touch. But it's not like she's able to normally feel the cold touch...

❝ Ey, it's not like that. I just felt weird. ❞ She fixed her hair real quick. Thank god that she's wearing some shorts that are covered down her knees and a white shirt tucked inside. The weather wasn't going insane but her disorder was just too way out of line compared to others.