Chapter 024

« by my side »

❝ Yeol, we're here

❝ Yeol, we're here. ❞ , he gently called out for her name. The girl, whose name was spoken, was sound asleep on one of Sunghoon's broad shoulders as the three of them remained inside the car. 

❝ Do you think it's because of the drink earlier? Sure enough that it could be drugged. ❞ Jake said from the driver's seat and stared at his friend and the dozed off person. They sure weren't dumb to not jump to conclusions. Seeing how light headed Jinyeol was all of a sudden proved them enough.

❝ She probably had a dry throat since she gets hot easily so she isn't really the one to get blamed. ❞

❝ Defending your girl, ey? Such a lovesick boy you are, Sunghoon-ah. ❞ Jake teasingly said while unfastening his seatbelt. 

❝ Jinyeol? ❞ His voice did not reach her ears as it left no choice but for him to carry her to the doorway of her house.

The door soon revealed the teenaged boy carrying the beloved daughter of their house. Gasping, the Han family couldn't be far surprised to see a male student being around their daughter who always stayed away from boys. ❝ Oh my, what happened to her? ❞

Sunghoon gently placed the dozed off girl onto the bed. After he did, he shared a nervy eye contacts with her parents. They definitely would not want him to answer that their daughter has been drugged by her own best friend's cousin. 

❝ Her disorder somehow appeared, but she'll get better after a few hours of sleep! ❞ Sunghoon explained, nervously looking down with his bready cheeks.

❝ Perhaps, ❞ Jinyeol's mother went a few steps closer to the frigid boy, analyzing him from head to toe. She had not expected that her daughter would find such a lovely young man. 

❝ Are you our Jinyeol's boyfriend? ❞

Upon hearing her question, his cheeks flushed red, hard. 

❝ Honey, why are you making the kid awkward-❞ , her father gently dragged his wife back from getting too close with Sunghoon, who had a shivering presence for some reasons. 

❝ It's not like that auntie and uncle. We're just...❞ Sunghoon smiled with his cute little fangs, having the two greathearted adults adore him even more. Sadly, they weren't able to feel his sadness beforehand until he continued his words. ❝ Friends. ❞

If Jinyeol was willing to consider them as friends, Hoon had no choice but to respectively take her decision.

It was a pity for the Han family though. They surely wanted a gentleman to look after their clumsy daughter who could be a bit reckless at times.

-

It thankfully didn't take too long for Jinyeol to get sober and recover from the groggy feeling she felt last night. It was all thanks to the fucking bastard Soohyuk- And yes, another heated morning had woke Jinyeol up with sweats dripping down her jaw. She sure had a bad temper that's out of control.